Something you’ve been wanting to cook?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

97guns

Senior Cook
Is there something that you’ve wanted to cook for a long while and havnt gotten around to it?

I’ve been wanting to make some Chinese BBQ pork on my grill for some time now, the red BBQ that you see hanging in Chinese restaurants, it’s called char sui, it’s been around 6 months that I first gave thought of whipping up a batch but busy life has gotten on the way, hopefully soon!

Do make char sui soon, 97... Its fun and delicious..

I have long wanted to duplicate shrimp in lobster sauce which equals that I would always enjoy in a wonderful restaurant back in the 70's.. Each time I try a new Chinese restaurant, I order the dish and am always disappointed.. For some reason, everyone makes it into a soup.. No thanks..

I have tried a half dozen recipes and have also been disappointed..

Sigh... One day I will find it..

Ross

Last edited:
I've always wanted to make a turducken. I have the illustrated instructions and have deboned poultry before. But that's not a meal for a small family gathering.

Also, a long time ago, I watched Jacques Pepin make a cassoulet. It was fairly complex with different meats etc. A more than one day effort. If I could find a few people who would eat it, my family would not, I'd make it for New Years.

Beef ribs on the Egg or Horizon.

The hardest part is finding the REALLY meaty beef ribs like the ones at the best Hill Country BBQ joints. You probably have to go to a really good meat market -- they don't have them at the grocery store.

Then, it's a lot like smoking a brisket.

I had one at Louis Mueller's that was like heaven on a bone.

https://www.louiemuellerbarbecue.com

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom