Summer eve menu help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rookiechef

Assistant Cook
I'm having one other couple for dinner and am preparing Grilled lobster with Asian dipping sauce.

I will start with a light salad with strawberries and pine nuts.

But, what else? I don't want corn on the cob. Maybe, a rice pilaf, or cous cous but how should I season it? Vegetable?

Many Thanks for any suggestions!

Instead of corn on the cob, consider a roasted corn salad.

A simple rice pilaf made with a veggie broth shallots and roasted pine nuts and possibly some dried cranberries.

since you are using an Asian dipping sauce, maybe a rice pilaf in a similar vein? Maybe flavored with orange juice and soy sauce?

a barley pilaf seasoned by boiling in chix stock or boullinon, with black pepper & seasalt,? maybe? & spaghetti squash? with green beans or asparagus for color??

since you are using an Asian dipping sauce, maybe a rice pilaf in a similar vein? Maybe flavored with orange juice and soy sauce?

^^ - excellent idea. I like carrying out the Asian theme with your side. Orange juice, spring onions, soy sauce, sesame oil...even a bit of brown sugar or honey, but not much...a small splash of dry sherry too, if available.

Hmmmm, I like the idea of sticking to a Asian theme but the seasonings suggested sound the same as the dipping sauce.

Asapargus, is probably good as suggested the color (besides, I love it).

I also like the idea rice pilaf with roasted pine nuts and possibly some dried cranberries.But, does that fight with the dipping sauce?

Do, I need bread? Got the wine- check.

Desert?

Dessert, something light, maybe an ice or sorbet of some kind. I saw a recipe for watermelon ice the other day. (Woman's Day I think)
or almond cookies

Thanks, again Kathy! That sounds good!

But, what do you think about: I also like the idea rice pilaf with roasted pine nuts and possibly some dried cranberries.But, does that fight with the dipping sauce?

It would duplicate your salad...
ginger carrots with a simpler pilaf? but I would LOVE the asparagus, too! Maybe with toasted sesame seeds on top?
I think with all the flavors going on, a simple rice side dish would be sufficient.
(maybe toss in some mandarin oranges??)

Back
Top Bottom