Tabasco, sriracha or the original sriracha? Which do you prefer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you talking about this? Does it taste much better than Huy Fong Brand?

SeTkZYMoQsaV._UX500_TTW__.jpg

I just checked out the Tobasco brand sriracha. Here's what the Tobasco company says is in it:
Ingredients

Red Jalapeño Pepper
Water
Sugar
Salt
Garlic
Distilled Vinegar
Xanthan Gum
TABASCO® Brand Pepper Sauce (distilled vinegar, red pepper, salt)

They say no preservatives, but that vinegar and salt are preservatives. :-p

I'll probably give this a try, if I come across it.

I just checked out the Tobasco brand sriracha. Here's what the Tobasco company says is in it:

They say no preservatives, but that vinegar and salt are preservatives. :-p

I'll probably give this a try, if I come across it.

You'll have a hard time finding a hot sauce without salt and vinegar in it.

While I love hot peppers, I have never been a fan of vinegar based hot sauces. I liked sriracha sauce, when I first discovered it, as the Huy Fong didn't have that much vinegar, but still, it wasn't something I liked just dousing foods with as a condiment. I tried a couple of others that were about the same - ok used as an ingredient , but not a condiment.

However, I discovered one that I like best that is from Thailand, and lists no vinegar in the ingredients, only acetic acid! :LOL: But seriously, it is my favorite of all the brands that I have tried - Sriraja Panich - and the company that produces it - Golden Mountain - produces other delicious Thai sauces, which is why I first tried it...plus, I think they had a deal on it at the time!
https://importfood.com/index.php?option=com_zoo&task=item&item_id=3330&Itemid=189

Of course, it's temporarily out of stock. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom