The Truth Behind Five Food Myths

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
have you read any of the directions / advice / instructions to this medication?

stuff like:
"Nexium is not for immediate relief of heartburn symptoms."

Yes, I do! Here's an exact quote from the very first line of the 3 page instructions:

"Common Uses: This medicine is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) used to treat heartburn or irritation of the esophagus caused by gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)."

That said, I decided to continue taking it for possible ulcers.

NOW, no more discussion of my medical issues. The subject is closed!

Last edited:
On the subject of heartburn.
I have heard that a teaspoon of yellow mustard will stop heartburn in its tracks.
I have never tried it, but was interested in knowing if anyone here has tried it or even heard of it working?
It seems it would aggravate heartburn?

I never get heartburn anymore as I take 1 generic Prilosec 40 mg every morning. So I am just curious.

On the subject of heartburn.
I have heard that a teaspoon of yellow mustard will stop heartburn in its tracks.
I have never tried it, but was interested in knowing if anyone here has tried it or even heard of it working?
It seems it would aggravate heartburn?

I never get heartburn anymore as I take 1 generic Prilosec 40 mg every morning. So I am just curious.

I would think mustard will cause HB rather than stop. I find that one or two Tums do the trick on the rare occasion that Omeprazole (20 mg) fails me.

However, if you're interested in home remedies, a half tsp of baking soda in some water works well too.

Yes, I do! Here's an exact quote from the very first line of the 3 page instructions:

"Common Uses: This medicine is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) used to treat heartburn or irritation of the esophagus caused by gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)."

That said, I decided to continue taking it for possible ulcers.

NOW, no more discussion of my medical issues. The subject is closed!

Along with political and religion, I think, unless you have at least an RN after your name, medical advice should be left in the doctor's office and not brought here to DC. Just MHO! :angel:

Along with political and religion, I think, unless you have at least an RN after your name, medical advice should be left in the doctor's office and not brought here to DC. Just MHO! :angel:

There's a difference between offering medical advice and sharing information and experiences.

Back
Top Bottom