Thoughts on personal cooking classes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrochester95

Assistant Cook
Okay, what are your thoughts on personal cooking classes? The kind where a chef comes to your house and shows you and some guests how to prepare a meal. I was thinking it might be a fun way to pick up some new techniques, and my husband says he's up for it (he's a terrible cook and admits it), but I'm looking at some of the prices and wondering if it's worth it. Do you know where to find affordable ones?

I think it is a great idea, yes it can be a bit pricey but I would still do it if I had a presentable kitchen, the one I have would challenge any chef, LOL! Think of it as saving up for something special. Even the little things you can pick up from the chef would be well worth the time.
Of course I personally like the ones where you work with the chef to make the meal, I think I would get more out of that working side by side with em.

Hey, don't we have a member that does this kinda thing? LOL.

The other way is to join a small cooking class - over here there are some that are reasonable. DW bought me a weekend class for a birthday present. There was a chef, 8 students and an assistant in a professional kitchen. We cooked three mealss - lunch Sat, dinner Sat and late lunch on Sunday, sitting down all together to eat in with the appropriate wines. At the time it was around £200. This is the place:
Cookery Courses - Ashburton Cookery School offers over 40 cooking classes and wine courses.

Okay, what are your thoughts on personal cooking classes? The kind where a chef comes to your house and shows you and some guests how to prepare a meal. I was thinking it might be a fun way to pick up some new techniques, and my husband says he's up for it (he's a terrible cook and admits it), but I'm looking at some of the prices and wondering if it's worth it. Do you know where to find affordable ones?

Where do you live? I'm sure we could work something out :cool:

Thanks for the great response, everyone! I guess I hadn't thought of asking you personal chefs directly... silly of me, on a cooking website. Thanks to everyone who offered help! I don't know if any of you are in the Tallahassee area? I've been looking through some local listings and have seen a few that might be good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom