TNT Tips - I tried...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
OK, my title brain is mushy, please edit for content Mods.

The kitchen tips thread gets unwieldy if we post all the stuff we tried in there, so I just wanted to share here one of the things I did today. From that thread, I learned that a potato cut in half will get out a broken lightbulb. (GB?) The appliance bulb in our oven broke off and I remembered the tip and tried it. Worked like a charm! Thanks much!

Yay, Alix, good for you!

I once tried said house trick, and it failed miserably. All I got out of the effort was a "spud bulb." And I created a new problem of how to remove a potato from a light socket. For a brief diabolical second, I wondered what would happen if I switched it on... Maybe it'd work better next time with a waxy red.

I've since learned my lesson. First is: lefty loosey righty tighty. Second is: most light bulb & socket don't require a tight screw to begin with in order to make + & - electrical contact.

Oh my goodness! Righty tighty lefty loosey is said EVERY time I go to do something. And heaven help me if that ISN'T the case.

This particular bulb must have been defective or something because it wasn't in there tightly, it just sort of separated. Weird.

Oh my goodness! Righty tighty lefty loosey is said EVERY time I go to do something. And heaven help me if that ISN'T the case.

This particular bulb must have been defective or something because it wasn't in there tightly, it just sort of separated. Weird.

I know a couple of burly he man mechanics that whisper it to themselves:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom