To squeeze or not to squeeze?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charlie, I would think by the time you take the water kettle off the burner and go to pour water over your tea it's no longer 212 degrees. So we're safe.

Looks like they were right, the most teas on the least are made with water that is less than boiling. Of course there is a debate if herbal tea is actually a tea or not. :) But the thread, as it always happens, by now, went totally different direction. The question was why manufacturer did not want the bag of tea to be squeezed. ;)

yup, as others have said, I've been told that it makes tea bitter if you squeeze, so I don't.

Most of the teas mentioned have instructions to make the tea in a mug and let it brew (or "mash" as they say in my neck of the woods) for anything from 2 to 5 minutes. Now, I like my tea strong and my cuppas have been known to make brave men run away screaming but even I would cavil at stewing such a small amount of the stuff for that long. That could be why they advise against squeezing. It would probably be the straw that broke the camel's back in tea tasting.

If you want to squeeze don't let it brew for too long.

When we were kids we squeezed the bag and placed it on one of these so we could use it again for the second or third cup of tea.

I'm not sure if we were poor, cheap or thrifty. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

$_12.JPG

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom