Toasted sesame seeds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

et81121

Assistant Cook
Hi guys,

as you know toasting sesame seeds makes a difference, but it may take some time if you are using a frying pan for example, my question is: are there any quicker way of toasting sesame seeds?

Cheers,

Not that I am aware of. You can do it in the oven but you really have to watch them and I am quite sure that it is no quicker.

Hi guys,

as you know toasting sesame seeds makes a difference, but it may take some time if you are using a frying pan for example, my question is: are there any quicker way of toasting sesame seeds?

Cheers,

Not to my knowledge either.
The only thing I can think of you pretty much gave us. Raise your glass and say, Cheers! Here's to you sesame seeds. :angel:

:LOL:

Not to my knowledge either.
The only thing I can think of you pretty much gave us. Raise your glass and say, Cheers! Here's to you sesame seeds. :angel:

:LOL:

Oh I see, looks like it's something that can't be replaced!:cool:

Toasting them in a skillet takes very little time. We are talking a minute or two max. How much time are you trying to save?

I can't get them in my little town and haven't gotten to the stores that carry them lately. So do it in a skillet. It is so darned fast that your greatest problem is burning them. And I LOVE the way they pop!

I use a spatter guard when I toast them. They pop a lot. The raw ones stay fresh a lot longer than the toasted ones, so I like to toast them just before using them.

I see, thanks guys, though they take like 10min, but apparently not! good news

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom