Trader Joe's products you have tried

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After reading that review (I wonder how old is this review is) I will be looking for the Mushroom and company seasoning. I will also pick up some of the bagel seasoning (I've seen it but haven't tried yet).

I think the mushroom seasoning would be great in meatloaf, beef pot roast/stew and cream of mushroom soup to name a few.

I think the bagel seasoning would probably be a great salad topper.

Thanks for the heads up Kgrl.

My next visit will have the mushroom seasoning and the bagel topping in my cart.

They have discontinued my favorite salad topping in little packets, and the bagel topping should work if I add some sliced almonds to the mix.

My next visit will have the mushroom seasoning and the bagel topping in my cart.

They have discontinued my favorite salad topping in little packets, and the bagel topping should work if I add some sliced almonds to the mix.

Gals, could you let me (and everyone else) know what you think of both the EveryThing Bagel Topping as well as this Mushroom Seasoning?
I curious ...

Gals, could you let me (and everyone else) know what you think of both the EveryThing Bagel Topping as well as this Mushroom Seasoning?
I curious ...

Kgirl, I see now that salt is second on the list for this product. That's disappointing. I have plenty of salty spice blends and don't want another, especially on an already salty salad with dressing. I think I'll just put together my own combo and make it custom.

Just curious Kgirl, is there a Trader Joe's near you?

Yes, yes we do taxy... it's about 10 miles or so from our new home

My aunt lived in the Tucson area and she shopped TJ often.

Right MsM, when we lived in Southern AZ the TJ's was maybe 20 miles or more I'd say, but ya know, living on the Mainland, in the Western portion of the USA, we've found that everything is far away, unless you live smack-dab in the middle of a large city, which we have yet to do here on the Mainland.

Kgirl, I see now that salt is second on the list for this product. That's disappointing. I have plenty of salty spice blends and don't want another, especially on an already salty salad with dressing. I think I'll just put together my own combo and make it custom.

Ooh, that may not be such a good product for our house either than... we avoid too much salt.

K'girl moved to northern Arizona a couple of years ago - close to the Grand Canyon, somewhere near Flagstaff, I think.

And GG, yes, we did move to Northern AZ; wow, May makes 3 years we've been here. But no, not near Flagstaff though, we didn't care for that place. Mister&Missus Dear Friend's lived there and we visited several times, but just didn't care for it much. We wanted "Small Town USA" instead.

Also, yes, we are not far from the Grand Canyon. We were going to take a day trip up there today, but what with all the hullabaloo with Government Shut Downs, we decided to stay home and I'm making fresh Bread :rolleyes:

Last edited:
And GG, yes, we did move to Northern AZ; wow, May makes 3 years we've been here. But no, not near Flagstaff though, we didn't care for that place. Mister&Missus Dear Friend's lived there and we visited several times, but just didn't care for it much. We wanted "Small Town USA" instead.

Also, yes, we are not far from the Grand Canyon. We were going to take a day trip up there today, but what with all the hullabaloo with Government Shut Downs, we decided to stay home and I'm making fresh Bread :rolleyes:

So there's a Trader Joe's in small-town Arizona? Kewl [emoji41] I know you really like it, so it's nice to have one so close to you.

DSC00859.jpg

I went to Trader Joe's yesterday, and found this tucked away.

DSC00860.jpg

I planned a nice big pot of Local-Style Beef Stew and thought
that this would surely enhance the Beefiness aka Umami

https://www.foodland.com/recipe/local-style-beef-stew

(I use less Tomato product than Chef Keoni does... it doesn't agree with me)

DSC00857.jpg

I read an article by some Food-Chef-Expert who said basically, don't use any canned or boxed Beef Broth or Stock, that there's no Beef in it

DSC00858.jpg

:ermm::ohmy::rolleyes::LOL:
Ummm ...

DSC00861.jpg

The finished pot for dinner tomorrow... Stews, Soups and the like taste better at least a day later, right ? :yum::chef:

I tried a small bowl to taste for seasoning... SPOT ON!!
I think that this is the best pot of Beef Stew I've ever made!
I even remembered to write it down this time.
Maybe this will inspire me to add to my blog, finally :huh:

I like the idea, but I don't like spice mixes in which the first ingredient is salt! And in this one, the mushroom - the title ingredient - is a distant 4th ingredient. And the photo of the ingredients in the link is different than the one in the post, though the mushrooms are still 4th on the list.

I keep a small jar of pure powdered boletus mushrooms, which I add to many dishes in small amounts, for that umami flavor. I just got about 2 more cups of the dried boletus out of my freezer, to refill the jar of whole ones I keep - I add those or porcini to almost every mushroom dish I make.

As for my favorites from Trader Joe's, one thing I almost always have in my fridge is some of their feta cheese in brine. Especially in the summertime, when I use a lot of that in many of the salads I make with all those veggies. I also like their Greek olive oil; I've tried a number of them that they sell, but always go back to that one.

Last edited:
That stew looks great Kgirl, and I'm glad the mushroom seasoning worked out good for you. I noticed that it's loaded with salt though, and that's why I'll stick to the Porchini mushroom grinder I use. Those dandy acrylic grinders of pepper and such from TJ's are refillable you know. I keep those empty grinders to refill with dried Porchini, or cumin seed, or coriander seed, etc.

I like the idea, but I don't like spice mixes in which the first ingredient is salt! And in this one, the mushroom - the title ingredient - is a distant 4th ingredient. And the photo of the ingredients in the link is different than the one in the post, though the mushrooms are still 4th on the list.

I keep a small jar of pure powdered boletus mushrooms, which I add to many dishes in small amounts, for that umami flavor. I just got about 2 more cups of the dried boletus out of my freezer, to refill the jar of whole ones I keep - I add those or porcini to almost every mushroom dish I make.

As for my favorites from Trader Joe's, one thing I almost always have in my fridge is some of their feta cheese in brine. Especially in the summertime, when I use a lot of that in many of the salads I make with all those veggies. I also like their Greek olive oil; I've tried a number of them that they sell, but always go back to that one.

I'm with you on that point, but here's how I figured it:
I'm going to add some salt to a dish, especially Soups and Stews,
so why not replace it with more oomph?

Here in Cowboyville, I can't find dried Mushrooms, so this will do for now.

That stew looks great Kgirl, and I'm glad the mushroom seasoning worked out good for you. I noticed that it's loaded with salt though, and that's why I'll stick to the Porchini mushroom grinder I use. Those dandy acrylic grinders of pepper and such from TJ's are refillable you know. I keep those empty grinders to refill with dried Porchini, or cumin seed, or coriander seed, etc.

Next time we're in a "big city" I am surly going to look for some dried Porchinis to add to my grinder!!!
DH said that we may go to a Spring Training (Baseball) game and there's a big "Asian" Market across the street... I'll just drop him off at the gate and go shopping ;)

Next time we're in a "big city" I am surly going to look for some dried Porchinis to add to my grinder!!!
DH said that we may go to a Spring Training (Baseball) game and there's a big "Asian" Market across the street... I'll just drop him off at the gate and go shopping ;)

Kgirl, this is a great quality source of dried online mushrooms. I believe both Dawg and PF order from them also.
https://www.oregonmushrooms.com/c-1-dried-mushrooms.aspx

K-Girl, you could also order them from The Spice House. I've used their dried mushrooms with great results.

...DH said that we may go to a Spring Training (Baseball) game and there's a big "Asian" Market across the street... I'll just drop him off at the gate and go shopping ;)
If we lived by you, I'd be the one eating peanuts and Cracker Jack next to your DH while you and Himself were checking out the weird and wonderful Asian offerings.

Um, he's not a Yankees fan, is he? :ermm: ~ 18 Days until Pitcher and Catchers report. Play Ball!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom