"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2016, 10:22 PM   #101
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Apparently the Thai Satay noodles that I picked up are swill. DH will get them for lunch at some point.
Old 07-31-2016, 10:48 PM   #102
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz View Post
wasn't it Andy?
I recommended lemon cookies from Costco.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:29 PM   #103
Wannabe TV Chef

that's right Andy, when I was talking about their coconut macaroons, oy!

Our recent trip, in part, was back down to Tucson, where I went to Trader Joe's to get a few things for our one-bedroom condo that we rented while there (DH had a tooth pulled and so we hung out there for three nights to make sure that everything was hunky-dory).
I was looking for "soft foods" for DH and found this:
Click image for larger version

Name:	028.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	25079

Name:	027.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	25080

Name:	026.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	25081

Belgian Chocolate Pudding, oh my!
Now, I am not the biggest chocolate fan believe it or not, but MAN! This is good stuff! It's a little steep for pudding, but well worth the coin.
Very rich and chocolate decadence; we could both only eat a smallish amount at one sitting... just wish I had had some freshly whipped cream to go with it
Old 08-01-2016, 01:34 AM   #104
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:

Our recent trip, in part, was back down to Tucson, where I went to Trader Joe's to get a few things for our one-bedroom condo that we rented while there (DH had a tooth pulled and so we hung out there for three nights to make sure that everything was hunky-dory).
Attachment 25079

Attachment 25080

Attachment 25081

Now, I am not the biggest chocolate fan believe it or not, but MAN! This is good stuff! It's a little steep for pudding, but well worth the coin.
Very rich and chocolate decadence; we could both only eat a smallish amount at one sitting... just wish I had had some freshly whipped cream to go with it
That pudding is from Trader Joe's? I love chocolate pudding. Is it in the cold case with the yogurt?
We can be like they are.
msmofet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:29 PM   #105
Wannabe TV Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
That pudding is from Trader Joe's? I love chocolate pudding. Is it in the cold case with the yogurt?
YES!
It was tucked away, I just happened to see it, as I was looking for "soft foods" for my husband who had just had a tooth pulled.
That was going to be my next post, TJ's yogurt.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:38 PM   #106
Wannabe TV Chef

Trader Joe's Whole Milk Yogurt

Article | Trader Joe's

Name:   TJ's whole milk yogurt.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  10.2 KB
[photo courtesy of Trader Joe's Fearless Flyer]

I bought a 6pack of this yogurt for my husband as well recently, for his 3-5 days of soft food only diet.
It was a mix of the Vanilla&Cream and the Blueberry&Cream,
OH MY GOSH!
Normally, I buy Yoplait Light Yogurt, but this eats like Ice Cream, at least that we think anyways. It's THAT good.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:17 PM   #107
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Trader Joe products you have tried

Quote:

Attachment 25079

Attachment 25080

Attachment 25081

Want! Dang that sounds good!

My phone charger bit the dust, the hotel lady had to send her daughter home on her bike to pick up a lender, so my TJ's list disappeared. I am definitely adding chocolate pudding to the list!
Old 08-01-2016, 08:08 PM   #108
Wannabe TV Chef

Name:	TJ's arincini.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	25089

Arancini with homemade Marinara for a dip, MMM!
Old 08-01-2016, 09:41 PM   #109
Chef Extraordinaire

Those arancini are evil, K-Girl!

I already posted a number of things we like, but I did think of something else I make sure to keep in my stock - the cherry preserves in the hexagon jar. Those are usually my go-to when making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

I also like their pappardelle. I have a hard time finding wide pasta in most grocery stores, so I'm glad it almost always available at TJs.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:15 PM   #110
Wannabe TV Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Those arancini are evil, K-Girl!
... snipped
BWAHAHAHA!
Old 08-25-2016, 06:23 PM   #111
Master Chef

Stopped at TJ"S last week and picked up two items that were featured in the Fearless Flyer.

The first was Hot & Sweet Jalapenos, fantastic! Great on a sandwich or burger. I also think they would be great drained and piled on a brick of cream cheese, serve with a stack of crispy crackers.

The second was this spicy Sriracha Ranch dressing. I wasn't crazy about it as a salad dressing but it is great as a dipping sauce or as a condiment on a burger or sandwich. I think I will experiment with making my own version of this as needed and not invest in another bottle.
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:08 PM   #112
Chef Extraordinaire

I saw those peppers today at TJ's Bea, and wondered about them. Are they really hot?

I have that dressing, and I like a little of it dotting my salad and then use regular Ranch. It's just right for me that way.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:17 PM   #113
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I saw those peppers today at TJ's Bea, and wondered about them. Are they really hot?

I have that dressing, and I like a little of it dotting my salad and then use regular Ranch. It's just right for me that way.
Kayelle, the peppers are sweet first and then you feel the heat, warm not really hot. Go easy on them, they are high in carbs, a few slices add a great deal of flavor.

I would definitely buy them again and again and again!
Old 08-25-2016, 11:01 PM   #114
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks for the review on the peppers Bea. I'll get a jar next time.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:58 AM   #115
Head Chef

None. One is going to open next year but I'll never darken the door. It's going to be in a hoity toity suburb that I just don't go to on principle.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:11 PM   #116
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks for the reviews, Aunt Bea.

It's been so long since I've been to a TJ's, my list is getting long. Sure wish there was one closer than 100 miles away.

I bet those jalapenos would be so good sprinkled over homemade nachos. I've made my own sriracha ranch for a condiment, I also sometimes use a small spoonful of adobo sauce mixed in with some ranch. It works better for me that way rather than buying a whole specialty bottle.

I miss TJ's.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:29 PM   #117
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl J View Post
Thanks for the reviews, Aunt Bea.

It's been so long since I've been to a TJ's, my list is getting long. Sure wish there was one closer than 100 miles away.

I bet those jalapenos would be so good sprinkled over homemade nachos. I've made my own sriracha ranch for a condiment, I also sometimes use a small spoonful of adobo sauce mixed in with some ranch. It works better for me that way rather than buying a whole specialty bottle.

I miss TJ's.
I think they would be great on nacho's or tucked into a grilled cheese sandwich.

Next weekend I'm making deviled eggs for a little cookout, I'm going to top a few with a single slice of the TJ jalapeno's as a garnish.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:50 PM   #118
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilletlicker View Post
None. One is going to open next year but I'll never darken the door. It's going to be in a hoity toity suburb that I just don't go to on principle.
I can't imagine a food lover not being curious enough to at least look around.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:04 PM   #119
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilletlicker View Post
Don't hold that location against TJ's and miss out on great deals. When Himself moved to MA, he would pass one on the way to and from work. It was in a more upscale suburb. He didn't look for months because he figured it had high price-points on all the items. To his surprise, it was the affordable version of a Whole Paycheck - but with better quality.

We're about 20 miles from the nearest TJ's, and it is in the direction opposite of most of our errands. However, we make a point to make a pilgrimage at least every 3 months.

Not going to TJs because they are in a "hoity toity suburb" would be like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Suck it up, don't breathe in the rich air, and enjoy the store.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:06 PM   #120
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Apparently the Thai Satay noodles that I picked up are swill. DH will get them for lunch at some point.
I'd take it back to TJs the next time. They'll give you store credit for the value of the swill. No receipt needed since everything is Private Label.