Trader Joe's products you have tried

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Trader Joe products you have tried

We blew through a whole jar of TJ's marinated mushrooms with garlic in two days (they're that good) so we've been buying jars of plain button mushrooms, draining them, and putting them in the TJ brine to continue the circle of life.

Last edited:
We blew through a whole jar of TJ's marinated mushrooms with garlic in two days (they're that good) so we've been buying jars of plain button mushrooms, draining them, and putting them in the TJ brine to continue the circle of life.

What a great idea, Dawg!

*adding TJ's Marinated Garlicky Mushrooms to my list*

Would you give it up already about the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese? It's available at Whole Foods in Atlanta, and even in Publix. If your friend can't find it, she's not looking.

:) I'm in a small town out in the middle of the Mojave Desert and can easily get it at both of our grocery stores. But if I had someone willing to send me $20 worth of Parmigiano Reggiano every month, I too might say I still haven't been able to find it. :ermm::ohmy::ROFLMAO: ;)

:) I'm in a small town out in the middle of the Mojave Desert and can easily get it at both of our grocery stores. But if I had someone willing to send me $20 worth of Parmigiano Reggiano every month, I too might say I still haven't been able to find it. :ermm::ohmy::ROFLMAO: ;)

:ROFLMAO: Ha, you're so right!! :ROFLMAO:

I said I wouldn't shop at Trader Joe's when it opens next year because I refuse to even enter Germantown city limits. The number of people reacting to that convinces me it must indeed be a remarkable store. If they open another in Memphis or even a different suburb I will happily check it out. In the meantime, I'll just try to live without rainbow peppercorns in a decorative refillable grinder. :)

Couldn't help it, I just had to check out Germantown TN. Beautiful small city with some lovely very large homes that would be bargain priced in California. Even I wore some nice clothes, went inside the city limits of Beverly Hills, and didn't catch affluenza. :LOL:

K-Girl, I never think to use cereal in a parfait like that. Why don't I ever remember??? :wacko: Anyway, I bet it would be good sprinkled on top of Greek yohgurt for breakfast, too. I should remember that on our next trip to TJ's.

They used to have a wheel of Brie topped with a cranberry-nut mix, then wrapped in pastry crust. It was really good, but I haven't seen it for years. *sigh*

K-Girl, I never think to use cereal in a parfait like that. Why don't I ever remember??? :wacko: Anyway, I bet it would be good sprinkled on top of Greek yohgurt for breakfast, too. I should remember that on our next trip to TJ's.

They used to have a wheel of Brie topped with a cranberry-nut mix, then wrapped in pastry crust. It was really good, but I haven't seen it for years. *sigh*

I layer my yogurt parfaits for eye appeal: granola, yogurt, fruit, repeat in small quantities to fill an Ice Cream Sundae or Parfait dish (I have a picture of this somewhere, I'll find it!!) ... the chocolate flavor granola is smashing with the TJ's full fat Vanilla yogurt and fresh, sliced Strawberries. This makes a insanely good dessert and you'd never know that it's good for you as well.

For breakfast, I take my cereal bowl filled with yogurt and then mix in copious amounts of granola (and maybe fruit, but not often). SUPER!

I'm a Fage kinda gal, with fresh fruit and sometimes nuts. Loved it with fresh cherries when they were in season. Now I'm on a nectarine or peeled peach kick. Once the summer fruits are done, I won't be having yogurt as often.

Thanks for the reviews, Aunt Bea. :)

It's been so long since I've been to a TJ's, my list is getting long. Sure wish there was one closer than 100 miles away.

I bet those jalapenos would be so good sprinkled over homemade nachos. :yum: I've made my own sriracha ranch for a condiment, I also sometimes use a small spoonful of adobo sauce mixed in with some ranch. It works better for me that way rather than buying a whole specialty bottle.

I miss TJ's. :(:LOL:

Amazon carries Trader Joe products.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_2_6?k=trader+joe's&sprefix=trader

Heh. Our two nearest TJ's are either 31/2 or 6 hours away, and the chances of getting to either are in about 6 months. I'll just feed the swill to DH. He'll eat anything if I deprive him of food long enough. :devilish:

Poor DH. He must love you very much or be extremely hungry. Just don't let him get too hungry or you might find Beagle missing. We can't have that. After all we love Beagle almost as much as DH. :angel:

DD Went pumpkin crazy at TJ's yesterday. The pumpkin spiced Carmel corn and pumpkin cookies were great. Haven't tried the pumpkin ? waffles or pumpkin O's yet. They were out of pumpkin cheesecake so she couldn't get that.

I picked up the Belgian chocolate pudding- WOW is that good!
The rice pudding is ok but maybe I should have tried it before the pudding. Lol nothing stands a chance after the pudding.

PB & J chocolate bar sold at the cashier counter is not good, threw my half out.

Had a sample of the pumpkin cheesecake. It was delicious.

Ok went to TJ's and came home with several new things to try:
Avocado oil
Orange muscat champagne vinegar
Coconut creamer
Ready to bake cinamon rolls

Can't wait to try them out.

Tried a package of macaroni and cheese balls (breaded) yesterday. They were OK but not great. Not a lot of cheesy flavor.

Ok went to TJ's and came home with several new things to try:
Avocado oil
Orange muscat champagne vinegar
Coconut creamer
Ready to bake cinamon rolls

Can't wait to try them out.

The orange muscat champagne vinegar is delicious - I love that stuff. I'm down to about a third of a bottle, just added it to my TJ's list. I love it mixed with a little olive oil and drizzled on a mixed greens, avocado, and red onion salad. :yum:

Their cinnamon rolls are to die for, too. :yum:

The skinny on the new to me TJ products:

The Avocado oil has a delicate flavor.
The Orange Muscat champagne vinegar has a nice flavor but is pretty sweet and not very acidic. The dressing formula had to be adjusted to a 2:1 (2 parts vinegar to 1 part oil) ratio.

I made a pot of coffee with lunch to try the Coconut Creamer.
The coconut creamer (dairy free, soy free, gluten free, Vegan and Kosher D.E.) has a very mild taste.

All in all I am happy with the new to me items.

Back
Top Bottom