Trader Joe's products you have tried

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've tried TJ's chicken fried rice. I have to say, that was pretty awful. I not only ate just a couple bites before throwing it out, I threw the rest of the bag away as well.

I had much better luck with the TJ cream cheese. It was only $1.69 for 8oz and I thought it was far superior to Philadelphia cream cheese.

I've tried TJ's chicken fried rice. I have to say, that was pretty awful. I not only ate just a couple bites before throwing it out, I threw the rest of the bag away as well.

I had much better luck with the TJ cream cheese. It was only $1.69 for 8oz and I thought it was far superior to Philadelphia cream cheese.

You could have returned the rice for a refund.

Will have to try the cream cheese.

rr, all you really need to show up with is an empty container. Just tell them you disposed of what you didn't eat because you aren't able to shop there often. They're really pretty trusting. No matter how quirky you tell them, they'll go ahead and give you store credit. After all, all their products are store brands!

Returning a TJ's Item

Returning any item to Trader Joe's is a snap,
as several folks, CG and others, have mentioned...
All you need is the empty container, wrapper, what have you and your receipt.
Even if you don't have your receipt, in most cases the
store will give you a in-store credit if not cash back,
or back on to your charge card.
And there's no time limits either!
Don't feel that you need to make a special trip back to the store.
I keep the aforementioned empty container in the car and then next time I go by there, I stop in (and then of course 9 out of 10 times I buy more stuff).
I've done this numerous times to different locations in fact.
In Virginia, In North Carolina, In Southern Arizona and now in
Northern Arizona.
No problem-o.

I just tried the Baconesque popcorn. It's white cheddar and bacon like flavor. It's a smoke flavor that tastes like bacon but isn't. It tastes fantastic! I couldn't believe there was no actual bacon on it. YUMMY! I will get another bag soon.

Article | Trader Joe's

Attachments

• IMG_1418.JPG
    IMG_1418.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 91
I just tried the Baconesque popcorn. It's white cheddar and bacon like flavor. It's a smoke flavor that tastes like bacon but isn't. It tastes fantastic! I couldn't believe there was no actual bacon on it. YUMMY! I will get another bag soon.

Article | Trader Joe's

I'm drooling MsM!!

At 11g of carbs for two cups, I'm definitely picking it up for a treat!! Thanks for the tip.

I'm drooling MsM!!

At 11g of carbs for two cups, I'm definitely picking it up for a treat!! Thanks for the tip.

You're welcome Kay.
I also pickup up vanilla soy milk which tastes great.
Also blackstrap molasses which is loaded with vitamins and minerals. Two tablespoons a day has so many health benefits including a low glycemic index so it's a good sweetener for diabetics. I haven't tried it yet.

Ok went to TJ's and found the blue cheese and roasted pecan dip. A lady was next to me and asked how it tasted. I said I never tried it yet but someone had recommended it. We were next to the free sample/coffee stand so I asked the person working there if we could try it. He said of course with a huge genuine smile. He gave us both a sample and it was fantastic!! I picked up some steak at the regular market. So dinner will be steak and a baked potato both with the dip and a baby spinach and baby rocket salad (dressed with TJ cranberry, walnut and Gorgonzola dressing also "new to me").

Mmmm....bleu cheese and roasted pecan dip...oh, that sounds so good! Another item to add to my TJ's list. :yum:

Ok went to TJ's and found the blue cheese and roasted pecan dip. A lady was next to me and asked how it tasted. I said I never tried it yet but someone had recommended it. We were next to the free sample/coffee stand so I asked the person working there if we could try it. He said of course with a huge genuine smile. He gave us both a sample and it was fantastic!! I picked up some steak at the regular market. So dinner will be steak and a baked potato both with the dip and a baby spinach and baby rocket salad (dressed with TJ cranberry, walnut and Gorgonzola dressing also "new to me").

Their customer service never fails to make me smile. They treat their customers like my Dad used to treat his. Can you imagine getting the same response anywhere else? We know what the response would be at "Whole Foods". AKA "Whole Paycheck". :LOL: What, you want something for freeeeeeee?

I gotta get that dip MsM !! :yum:

Last edited:
That dip sounds great, MsM!

Drat. I made tuna salad with a can of TJ's yellowfin tuna in olive oil. My fishyness monitor went off after I tasted it. I can't eat it. It's really fishy tasting. I'll see if DH can handle it.

Our nearest TJ's is 3+ hours away, so no taking it back.

Drat. I made tuna salad with a can of TJ's yellowfin tuna in olive oil. My fishyness monitor went off after I tasted it. I can't eat it. It's really fishy tasting. I'll see if DH can handle it.

Not so Dawg, simply save that empty tuna fish can and the next trip you make, ask for a store credit towards your next shopping expedition.

The rocks and pool
Is nice and cool
So juicy sweet

Our only wish
To catch a fish
So juicy sweet

I haven't read through the entire thread but I wanted to say that TJ's milk is the best I've ever found. But I'm sure that's common knowledge.

I also got a jar of their lemon curd last week and it was delicious.

I'm very sad to see their Spiced Pear Cider has been discontinued. I only see their apple, which is also very delicious.

We liked the blue cheese pecan dip.

My hub (who hates popcorn) is addicted to the white cheddar and bacon popcorn ? ! :LOL:

We didn't like the tuna either. To fishy plus we like tuna in water better.

We didn't really like the lemon curd either. It was to sweet not tart enough. I guess I'm biased from my homemade sweet tart lemon curd.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom