Trader Joe's products you have tried

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used this in my German Stew last night, and boy was it ever good. I'll sure buy it again..

Article | Trader Joe's

I think I may need to try this!
DH claims to dislike sauerkraut, I do like it... we'll see.
Maybe I should do so shortly so that if it's a bust downstairs,
we can always send it up the dumb waiter to Mr & Mrs Landlord (I did that today with two products that I purchased at a megamart that we DID NOT like, thankfully, they did) ;)

I think I may need to try this!
DH claims to dislike sauerkraut, I do like it... we'll see.
Maybe I should do so shortly so that if it's a bust downstairs,
we can always send it up the dumb waiter to Mr & Mrs Landlord (I did that today with two products that I purchased at a megamart that we DID NOT like, thankfully, they did) ;)

I find that if heated, the sharp tang is tempered and less sharp. I use it all the time on hot dogs.

:LOL: K and Addie!
That would work if only we ate hot dogs at home... pretty much the only time we eat dogs is at Costco (or this uber cute/fabulous dawg and burger stand here near the Grand Canyon), and even then, he HATES sauerkraut!
Went to TJ's this afternoon for my "staple" items (mostly the wine ;))
and I eyeballed that `kraut ... $3.99 for a so-so sized jar, hmmm. Dunno.
I should have looked at the shelf-life too. If it's okey-dokey for a long time then maybe.
Oh, did I mention that I'm the original miser? We have other names for folks like me in Hawaii, but not for public consumption ... :ohmy:

WAIT!

Why have I only seen this today in Trader Joe's?

22084-dark-chocolate-covered-caramels.jpg
[photo courtesy of TJ's Fearless Flyer]

Article | Trader Joe's

Oh my gravy all over my two scoops rice (that's OMG! in my world)

Dark Chocolate + Caramel = BLISS!

Did I say that I hid this WAY WAY WAY in the back of the cupboard where DH does not/can't/won't look `cuz he's too dang lazy to bend over and look/in places there in...
MINE ALL MINE BABY!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Happy Halloween Candy!

Last edited:
That would work if only we ate hot dogs at home... pretty much the only time we eat dogs is at Costco (or this uber cute/fabulous dawg and burger stand here near the Grand Canyon), and even then, he HATES sauerkraut!
I should have looked at the shelf-life too. If it's okey-dokey for a long time then maybe.

Although I'm a vinegar fiend, I'm not crazy about sauerkraut by itself. I love it in this recipe, though: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/...-with-beer-mustard-and-sauerkraut-recipe.html

Sauerkraut is fermented and the acidity means it keeps for a long time.

Oh, did I mention that I'm the original miser? We have other names for folks like me in Hawaii, but not for public consumption ... :ohmy:

I buy my kraut in a bag. It is locally made. It has a nice fresh taste.

I always drain my Kraut and reserve the juice. Then I lightly rinse it under cold water.
You can always add back some juice if you want. Sous Chef never liked Kraut before he had mine.

I always drain my Kraut and reserve the juice. Then I lightly rinse it under cold water.
You can always add back some juice if you want. Sous Chef never liked Kraut before he had mine.

If you have some extra kraut juice try making a Krautini, mix 1 part vodka with 2 parts kraut juice and serve over ice! :yum:

:LOL: SOOOOO true Cheryl, there are times when I have no control when I go into TJ's, especially at this time of the year. The seasonal items are beyond yummy. I buy things to give as gifts... They don't make it into the intended recipient's hands :ROFLMAO:

IMG_3089.jpg

Found this on the sampling table at our local Trader Joe's the other day.
OH MY GOSH!!!
AMAZING!
I made crostinis with their Half Baked Mini Ciabatta and the put a schmear of chevre and topped it all with a big dollop of this Roasted Garlic and Onion Jam... OOOOOOO!!
Next time I'm adding some BACON!!

I too have to restrict myself and slap my own hand. Too many tempting things. Probably good that our nearest TJ's are 3.5 and 7 hours away.

Back
Top Bottom