Trying to cook for first time. This recipe...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It turned out pretty good but and I'm proud of myself. I took the advice of everyone who posted and even learned a few things on my own.

It didn't come out exactly the way I remembered it in the fine SF restaurant but it served several purposes. My lovely wife didn't have to worry about cooking after returning home. It built my confidence a little in the kitchen (the room in the house where I'm the least comfortable).

Congratulations! :clap:

One more thing that I discovered was watching TV while cooking. I came across an old show called "Gilligan's Island". This has to be one of the most hilarious shows I have ever seen!! My wife has heard about it but never seen it before. I think we watched 6 episodes in a row!! There is a marathon playing and we are recording 24 hours worth. I can tell it is before my time but it's an awesome show. If you ever get the chance, it's worth the effort to watch.

Oh I feel old. :( One question, where they the Black and White episodes or the color ones?

It was in color. I did not realize the show was that old that it is in also black & white. We watched an episode late last night where Gilligan found a single orange and they were all deciding who would get to eat it because of the shipman disease they could get without eating citrus. The orange finally decomposes before they can eat it. Then in the end Gilligan shows up with a grapefruit!!! He didn't know a grapefruit was a citrus also!! I thought my wife was going to pee herself she was laughing so hard. We promised we won't watch anymore until tonight after dinner.

Now I need to post a new thread about a pot roast that I will be trying today in a crock pot. It sounds easy but I can really screw things up in a kitchen. What is the idiom? "Bull in a china shop"?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom