Tweaking a salad of sorts- input would be appreciated!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i'm making this salad. i'm combining, so far, diced seedless cuke, peeled; diced tomato, 2 kinds/colors on those; cheese, (i'm debating feta purchased in a brine, then crumbled, or a sharp provolone, cubed), i've already gotten a hunk of salami for cutting into chunks. then i'm adding both drained, sliced jarred olives & kalamatas, whole. then olive oil, bottled oregano, a chiffonade of basil. crusty hunks of bread as an accompaninant. i'm debating adding an acid- vinegar (uncertain of the type yet, i own several kinds, or citrus juice/zest.) this is if the salad is too salty.
input would be very appreciated. additional ingredients, critiqueing, suggestions, ingredients i ought eliminate. thanks!
-luvs

Sounds like my Greek salad with the addition of salami. YUM!

My dressing is merely EVOO, lemon juice, pepper (LOTS), and oregano.

I like the basil idea but I think you need some lemon to pick up all the flavors in there.

Oh, and I think the provolone might be a bit overpowered. I'd stick with feta myself.

I'd go with feta, and some balsamick vinegar if you have would be nice, some fresh ground black pepper or my own preference is hot paprika or cayene pepper ( i do not like black pepper).
Oh, you see I did not even read Alix's post, but we both agreed on feta.

thanks, alix! i was figuring this is a salad that's got salad-relatives. :)
i found a jar of artichoke hearts i'm gonna drain & add.
so i'll nix the provolone. i am favoring the feta, too, rather than that.
citrus is, i agree, an ingredient i ought add.
i was considering taking my leftovers & minceing them in a tapenade-type item & a sammich or cracker component.
charlie, i just read your post, thanks! feta is gonna be the cheese, especially after suggestions from yins guys. & i pepper is an ingredient that is a great add-in for many recipes, i'll ofter apply that.

Back
Top Bottom