Veal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chilipepper12

Assistant Cook
I am looking for a really good recipe for veal. My son loves veal, but all I can make is scallopini. Can anyone let me know what else I can do??

I do not have recipes for these, but there are millions online to pick from. They are:

Veal Marsala
Veal Picatta
Veal Satimbocca

Veal birds are nice.....pound the veal as usual, then stuff them with bread or rice....roll them up, saute them, or brown them and then put into oven for a bit.

My son loves veal and I make this for him anytime he comes to bring some of his steers or just to visit.1 lb of veal cutlets this comes to about 6, pound well then mix 1/4 c. flour,salt and pepper in a shallow plate or bowl, lightly flour your cutlets, shake of any excess flour. Heat 3-4 Tab/ evoo in large skillet over med heat.Add 2-3cloves crushed garlic, cook about 1 min then add 8oz sliced button mushrooms and slightly cook cook 2-3 min. Push mushrooms to one side then melt 3 tab. butter add your veal and cook on both sides til golden brown...Add 1 cup sweet Marsala let it reduce slightly about 4 min. add 1 tab flour,and the juice of one lemon and whisk til smooth about3 min.remove from heat serve hot with some of the sauce and you can add an additional squirt or two of lemon. I don't reduce the sauce much my sone like a lot of it and wants mashed potaotes so he can put the sauce over them.
kadesma

saltimbocca is my all-time favorite veal dish.

usually made with thin veal tenderloin medallions, one of the best i ever ate was prepared from a nice thick cut of veal ribeye, with a pocket cut and the sage and prociutto inside. flavorful and juicy.

if you use tenderloin, slice medallions, pound thin and sandwich 2 together with a slice of prociutto and a sage leaf between. use toothpicks to hold together. dust with flour just before sauteing. (you will need about 3 or 4 of these per serving if you use a cut from the loin, slice a pocket into it, place prociutto and sage leaf inside, and close pocket w/ a toothpick (or sage stem).

saute in clarified butter. remove to a plate when done. deglaze pan with marsala. then, off the heat, add some fresh butter, return the meat and swirl till the sauce emulsifies and the meat is coated. you can use a little finely chopped parsely or italian parsely, but i consider this optional.

don't forget to remove the toothpicks

;)

and by the way, you may want to place this in the meat forum or veal sub-forum

i think all turkey stuffing go with veal too...! correct me if i'm wrong plz!

Back
Top Bottom