Waffle Reciepes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vilasman1

Senior Cook
Whats your favorite waffle reciepe?
Nothing fancy just a good light fluffy waffle

This is the recipe that my mom makes.

Crunchy Oat Waffles

1 cup boiling water
3/4 cup regular or quick oats
1 1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons sugar
1 egg
1 egg white
1 1/4 cups buttermilk

In medium bowl, pour boiling water over the oats. Stir to combine and set aside for 3 minutes. In large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

Whisk the oil and sugar into the oat mixture. Add the egg and egg white and stir until whisk until blended. Whisk in the buttermilk. Add the oat mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.

Heat waffle iron. Coat waffle iron lightly with vegetable spray. Ladle about 1 cup of batter into waffle iron or follow instructions for your waffle iron.

Well I don't have a specific recipe, probably the one in Better homes and gardens cook book or Joy of Cooking.. But I always add vanilla and beaten egg whites. Lemon too... and maybe blueberries... and.... um. ...

This recipe is probably the most basic & versatile one in my “waffle repertoire.” It equally supports light or hearty, sweet or savoury toppings….

4 oz unsalted butter
1½ cups flour
1 Tbsp granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
12 fl oz milk
3 large eggs, separated, at room temp.

Heat up your waffle iron.

In saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Set aside to cool slightly.

In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.

Add butter to eggs, then whisk in the milk. Stir this liquid mixture into the dry ingredients, just until moistened.

In another bowl, whip egg whites w/ a pinch of salt until frothy; add a pinch of cream of tartar, and whip until stiff, but not dry, peaks form. Fold whites into the waffle batter, just until blended.

Ladle enough batter over the hot waffle iron to cover two-thirds of each grid. Using a small metal spatula, spread the batter almost to the edges of the grid. Close the lid, and cook until the steam stops, 4-5 minutes. When waffle is done, lift the lid and remove it with a fork to a warmed platter. Repeat with the remaining batter.

Waffles
2 cup buttermilk
2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
4 eggs
1 cup melted butter
Preheat waffle iron, Sift flour, salt,baking soda and powder, Beat eggs in a large bowl, Alternate flour and buttermilk to the beaten eggs Start with flour end with the flour Add the butter blen thoroughly. Pour batter on waffle iron and cook until it stops steaming.

Back
Top Bottom