Walnut flour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hazel Twig

Assistant Cook
Hi all

A couple of years ago I found a wonderful cake recipe using ground up walnuts as the flour. Trouble is that I "bookmarked" the recipe on my old computer but forgot to move the link when I bought a new computer. Now I can't find the recipe. I didn't use it last year as I didn't have to many walnuts so can't remember what to do. This year looks like being a bumper crops o I would like to find this (or a similar) recipe again.
Has anyone used walnut flour or has any idea where I can find the recipe? I have spent hours searching Google but it's disappeared.

cheers
Haz

Scrap that!
Just skimmed through "Nuts & Fruits" and found a similar recipe
Saying that - any other recipes would be most welcome. Always looking for new ideas.

Cheers
Haz

Never thought of WALNUT FLOUR CAKE. Been doing WALNUT FLOUR or WALNUT CAKE, but not the lot together. Thanks. Will give it a try

cheers
Haz

Walnut Meal, sometimes referred to as Walnut Flour, can be used as a whole or part substitute for many other (higher carb) flours in baking and cooking. You can use walnut meal in most recipes that require self-rising or plain flour by substituting up to a quarter (1/4 by volume) of the total amount of flour with walnut meal. This adds a nutty flavor and a darker, richer texture. Also you can substitute 1:1 walnut meal in any recipe that recommends using almond meal. So instead of the almond taste you will get a rich walnut flavor as well as the health benefits of using walnuts.

Thanks!

I've got a large walnut tree in my field and access to several others. I haven't checked the other trees but mine is so laden the branches are bending. Also just checked my reserve stores and I've still got 2 nets of nuts left from last year (didn't realise I had so much left over - thought I'd used them all as it wasn't such a good year.:))
So guess who's baking later?:chef:

cheers
Haz

Thumbing through SO's copy of the Better Homes and Gardens October issue, I came across a recipe for WALNUT CAKE. It's also available online but you have to go to the BHG.com website and register (free) to get the recipe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom