Wasa Light Rye Crispbread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
I may have mentioned this before. Have a big package of them. They taste like cardboard, but with less flavor. What else can I do with them? I originally got them to eat with reuben dip.

You could use them the same way that you use crackers in some recipes: as a binder. This opens the way for a different sort of character in things like meatloaf and (especially) crab or salmon cakes.

By the way, I have the same impression of plain triscuits. I like the flavored ones (like balsamic vinegar), but the plain ones are like eating a dried square of burlap.

You could grind them up and mix them with panko or bread crumbs or Parmesan cheese, then use them for breadi on chicken, fish, oven-fried vegetables, etc.

Thanks, guys! I may just send them to Charlie.

Cardboard and burlap are not my favorite flavors.

I may have mentioned this before. Have a big package of them. They taste like cardboard, but with less flavor. What else can I do with them? I originally got them to eat with reuben dip.

;) Well, if you still have snow covering the ground, I bet the birds would be very happy to get them.

You have my sympathy. I was asked to taste one at a friends house. I was so grateful I took only a small nip of a bite. I immediately reached for my coffee and washed it down immediately. I don't know if yours taste like cardboard without the salt. But the one I tried had no salt. And to boot, it wasn't even good tasting cardboard.

;) Well, if you still have snow covering the ground, I bet the birds would be very happy to get them.

You have my sympathy. I was asked to taste one at a friends house. I was so grateful I took only a small nip of a bite. I immediately reached for my coffee and washed it down immediately. I don't know if yours taste like cardboard without the salt. But the one I tried had no salt. And to boot, it wasn't even good tasting cardboard.

This is a good idea, Addie. We should get snow this weekend.

You can do as we Swedes do and use them as sandwich bread because they are not crackers, they are bread.

Egg sandwich: Boil an egg, leave to cool and peel. Butter a slice of crisp bread, which side up depends where you come from in Sweden and what tradition ( lets not get in to that feud), slice the egg lay on top, sprinkle with fresh dill weed and eat.

Cheese sandwich: Spread butter on the rye bread, add slices of favorite cheese and eat.

Cold cut sandwich: Spread butter, add cold cuts and eat.

meatballs sandwich: Spread butter, add sliced cold Swedish meatballs, dollop on top with beetroot salad ( it just pickled beetroot and mayonnaise) and try to eat and curse at the same time, that stuff goes every where but it so good.

Cream cheese sandwich: take cream cheese , spread and eat.

We actually buy Wasa brot by the case and always have it on hand. Our favorite flavor is the sourdough but, again, lots of folks might think it tastes like cardboard. We find it's an excellent vehicle for toppings. Peanut butter and sliced bananas are great on it. I like melting cheese in the microwave on a Wasa cracker. Just don't try to eat them plain.

It's not that I love them for the tate sake. I like them instead of bread for the dieting purposes. I cannot eat without bread. Love bread and it shows, if you know what I mean, but this so called "cardboard" is an effective substitute for me.

Back
Top Bottom