Washing Vegetables With And Storing Lemon Mixture?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boris_yo

Assistant Cook
If to mix lemon acid, vinegar maybe also, soda and salt will this mixture be good solution to removing bacteria from dirty vegetables?

I read that i can pour mixture into spray bottle and always use it, but don't know if to store this mixture in refridgerator.

I don't want to use soap since FDA does not recommend it.

If to mix lemon acid, vinegar maybe also, soda and salt will this mixture be good solution to removing bacteria from dirty vegetables?

I read that i can pour mixture into spray bottle and always use it, but don't know if to store this mixture in refridgerator.

I don't want to use soap since FDA does not recommend it.

You definitely dont want to mix soda and acid. They cancel each other out pH-wise.

The best thing to do is to scrub your vegetables under running water. Some people also use vinegar. It does not need to be refrigerated.

You definitely dont want to mix soda and acid. They cancel each other out pH-wise.

The best thing to do is to scrub your vegetables under running water. Some people also use vinegar. It does not need to be refrigerated.

To scrub with brush? Is there a special brush? So i can still create a mix but use either soda or acid? Which would be better?

To scrub with brush? Is there a special brush? So i can still create a mix but use either soda or acid? Which would be better?

They sell vegetable brushes in supermarkets and kitchen stores.

Use acid if you want to. But it is very hard to eliminate all bacteria if there is any on fruit or veggies.

I use some dishsoap on some of my stuff. Things like melons, grapes, citrus. I use a salt soak for things like broccoli and cauliflower. I've never tried vinegar or lemon juice. Either would work I suspect, but you don't need to prep in advance or keep it in the fridge. Just a splash as you're going about your business ought to work.

There is stuff you can buy at the health food store for washing fruit and vegis. However, I think it is more intended to help dissolve pesticides. I use Melaleuca's Tough 'n Tender for some stuff. I wouldn't dream of cutting a melon without washing it first. I would use a natural dishwashing liquid if I didn't have anything else.

The vegetable wash stuff is primarily intended to dissolve waxy stuff. Neither it or dish soap is an antibacterial.

Simply scrubbing under clean running water is your best bet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom