What Are The Odds!? (Rhetorically Speaking)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Bought a dozen large eggs from the supermarket last week. I haven't seen double yolk in 25-30 years!

We just finished the dozen tonight with dinner. That one dozen contained four double yolk eggs!

What are the odds?!

Wow! Eggcellent!

Have never heard of this either.

Last edited:
but, not as much as probability...

Attachments

• algeblah.jpg
    algeblah.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 216
You have 1/10th of one percent chance of getting a double-yolker. One out of 1000 eggs are double yolkers and are usually laid by young hens as their laying cycles gets established. When I first got Myrtle, she would lay 2 eggs / day instead of 1 / 24-36 hours. Then she laid double-yolkers for about 3 weeks, now she just lays one very large egg. Folklore associated with double-yolk eggs include marriage because of pregnancy or omens for a windfall, death in the family, or the birth of twins. Take your pick:devilish:.

Last edited:
You have 1/10th of one percent chance of getting a double-yolker. One out of 1000 eggs are double yolkers and are usually laid by young hens as their laying cycles gets established. When I first got Myrtle, she would lay 2 eggs / day instead of 1 / 24-36 hours. Then she laid double-yolkers for about 3 weeks, now she just lays one very large egg. Folklore associated with double-yolk eggs include marriage because of pregnancy or omens for a windfall, death in the family, or the birth of twins. Take your pick:devilish:.

I've been buying my eggs from a local farm shop and I've had at least one double yolker in each tray, think I'll just hope for a winfall lol!
I don't want twins :ohmy:

I've been buying my eggs from a local farm shop and I've had at least one double yolker in each tray, think I'll just hope for a winfall lol!
I don't want twins :ohmy:
I don't know if you get to pick what befalls you. I'm still waiting for whatever will happen thanks to Myrtle laying so many double-yolkers last year.

What are the odds?
I'd say eggsactly 4 in (insert how many eggs you've bought in 25-30 years here). :angel:

Might be a good day to pick up a lottery ticket.

I don't know about the odds, but last year I bought a dozen eggs that yielded 2 with double yolks. Surprisingly, although labeled large eggs, they were actually on the small size.

True story time- My mom bought a dozen eggs from a farmer friend and asked for a dozen double yolks. She had me and my brother in the kitchen making scrambled eggs. She didn't tell my brother but I knew she had bought them. She tapped the egg twice on the side of the pan before opening the egg. You should have seen my brother's eyes! "Wow,Mom, how'd you do that? " "I tapped it twice, see?" as she did it again. Of course another double yolk popped out. My brother says "What id you tap it 3 times?" "Let's see." Tap-tap-tap and of course out popped a triple! She had my gullible brother believing it!

True story time- My mom bought a dozen eggs from a farmer friend and asked for a dozen double yolks. She had me and my brother in the kitchen making scrambled eggs. She didn't tell my brother but I knew she had bought them. She tapped the egg twice on the side of the pan before opening the egg. You should have seen my brother's eyes! "Wow,Mom, how'd you do that? " "I tapped it twice, see?" as she did it again. Of course another double yolk popped out. My brother says "What id you tap it 3 times?" "Let's see." Tap-tap-tap and of course out popped a triple! She had my gullible brother believing it!

ROFL! Gullible siblings are the BEST toys!:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom