What are you cooking right this moment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who's up this late at night. I just had a grilled cheese about an hour ago - extra sharp cheddar with sliced tomatoes on pumpernickel.

It's not late for me, it's really early.

I filled my crockpot with onions, butter and a few cloves of garlic. It's the start of a several days' project.

This step is the onion base. Thanks for the idea, Bolas!

I have been in a very nice hotel for over three months. I have not cooked anything and it is driving me nuts.

made a cheese pizza wrap for my daughters lunch and put a tuna steak that was marinated in spicy teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes. was to be supper last night but plans changed and was marinated for 15hrs.:ohmy: put on smoker at 375* for 16min and was still pink in the middle, more of a med or med well for tuna steak.

Still good, though.

Wish I had seen this when it posted! But alas I just found this site an hour ago.

I just finished my first exam week of grad school and have had a terrible sleep schedule. So when most people were leaving the bars, I had just woken up a few hours ago and my body wanted lunch. So I made 2 am fried chicken. My drunk roommates returning home really appreciated it!

Haha, nah, we all just left it in the sink to so we could put it off as long as humanly possible as usual!

Just turned on the oven to preheat so I can make some gum drop cookies. I have everything in place to make about 3 different kinds of cookies/sweets today, to be ready for our Christmas holiday dinner. So far I'm right on schedule and I hope things stay that way.

It is 7:17am on Saturday, and I have mise en placed a breakfast of fresh squeezed California navel orange juice, two basted eggs, 4 strips of thick bacon, country hash brown (a.k.a. O'Brien) potatoes, a sliced banana walnut mini-loaf, Ovaltine, and coffee.

I put a couple cans of recently expired fat free sweetened condensed milk in the crockpot at midnight, covered them in water, left it on low all night, and just tasted some wonderful Dulce de Leche, straight from the can.

Last edited:
I put a couple cans of recently expired fat free sweetened condensed milk in the crockpot at midnight, covered them in water, left it on low all night, and just tasted some wonderful Dulce de Leche, straight from the can.

Does this have any special uses other than just eating as is?

Zhizara said:
Does this have any special uses other than just eating as is?

Probably. This is the first time I ever made it. It's very popular in Mexico. Apple/fruit dip, smear on cookies or cake layers, ice cream, fruit salad dressing, maybe mixed with some yogurt.. It tastes much better than store apple caramel dip. You could probably mix in some peanut butter and/or mini chocolate chips, nuts, etc.

I was chatting with a friend last night, and she mentioned the boil in can method, and how good the stuff was. I found 2 cans in the cupboard that had expired in Nov., and thought, why not? Found the CP method, and it worked!

Probably. This is the first time I ever made it. It's very popular in Mexico. Apple/fruit dip, smear on cookies or cake layers, ice cream, fruit salad dressing, maybe mixed with some yogurt.. It tastes much better than store apple caramel dip. You could probably mix in some peanut butter and/or mini chocolate chips, nuts, etc.

I was chatting with a friend last night, and she mentioned the boil in can method, and how good the stuff was. I found 2 cans in the cupboard that had expired in Nov., and thought, why not? Found the CP method, and it worked!

Thanks Dawgluver! What an easy and delicious way to make it!

I am not cooking exactly. But I am attempting to make a sourdough starter. Its my third day and I just fed the little bugger. It has a buttermilky smell and a bunch of little bubbles on the top. Which I am told is a good thing. Hope it works out.

I am not cooking exactly. But I am attempting to make a sourdough starter. Its my third day and I just fed the little bugger. It has a buttermilky smell and a bunch of little bubbles on the top. Which I am told is a good thing. Hope it works out.

I hope it works for you also. A buttermilky smell would drive my cat Dinky to distraction! He gets a tablespoon of Buttermilk for a snack every evening at 6:30pm. If I forget, he yells at me until I get it. NOWWWW! He says!

Nothing at the moment, but I am about to start the caramel for my mock Almond Roca and when DH gets home with the ground beef and veal I will be making the filling for my tourtieres I didn't get made yesterday because the veal didn't arrive at the store.

Just had reheated pasta from last night not really cooking maybe "recooking" LOL

Back
Top Bottom