What are you cooking this weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since we are on TOU electricty rates in Ontario, I do my "big cooking" on the weekends. So far, I plan on making dolmadas, Andy's Ratio baguette bread recipe (Kaiser rolls and a baguette), a poached salmon, some homemade ice cream. I haven't decided if I need to make anything else this weekend to get me through the week or not. What do you plan on cooking this weekend?

Weekend cooking

My weekend menu consists of Pizza on a stick for Friday with a marinara dipping sauce. Baked Spaghetti, garlic bread and salad for Saturday and Caribbean Jerk chicken with a fruit salsa and steamed broccoli and rice for Sunday. My family loves chocolate and I would love to make a tasty dessert for the weekend too. I don't like cake so I'm limited on my choices. Any ideas?

My weekend menu consists of Pizza on a stick for Friday with a marinara dipping sauce. Baked Spaghetti, garlic bread and salad for Saturday and Caribbean Jerk chicken with a fruit salsa and steamed broccoli and rice for Sunday. My family loves chocolate and I would love to make a tasty dessert for the weekend too. I don't like cake so I'm limited on my choices. Any ideas?
Chocolate mousse or chocolate ice cream.

Yesterday I made mushroom pizza. Today I made falafel chicken and black bean hummus.

when i arrived at chez bolas on saturday afternoon the first thing that hit me was the wondrous aroma of a beautiful piece of pork belly long/slow cooking/smoking on the grill.after i had mown the lawns & the paddock(no workie no eatie!) we had the belly with gloriously dark,sweet & crunchy home made fries cut from desiree spuds,coleslaw & ice cold scrumpy jack cider while watching the euro 2012 soccer.was it the cider or denmark v the netherlands that sent us to sleep......:sleep::rolleyes:!
after our sunday morning jaunt into chester bolas read the papers while i watched madge prep a biryani from scratch.turned out to be the best darn biryani i've tasted and to round off a perfect meal croatia hammered ireland three/one....madge was delighted to say the least!

this weekend
Upside down banana, maple syrup and dark chocolate cake.
With banana cream!
It was like a giant brownie.
uhh

Last edited by a moderator:
Friday night, I made a corned beef roast with potatoes, cabbage and carrots.
Last night was corned beef melts on rye with swiss cheese
Tonight... I'm not sure. Mark is doing his thing, and I'm doing mine (whatever that is) :neutral:

Not sure just yet what I will do for the weekend....leaning towards a brisket, low and slow over the fire pit, Hopefully, some veggies from my step daughter's garden, and possibly a generous glass (or 3) of bourbon for sustenance during the arduous hours of cooking....:LOL:

It is a LONG weekend in Ontario, which means we have THREE full days re: the lowest TOU rate. I'm going to try figuring out my grandma's fudge cake, make some chard mini pies, cook a pork roast that is in the freezer, maybe a turkey as well and then toss the meat back in the freezer for s/thing else.

This weekend it's tomato paste, tomato puree, and tortillas. I'm roasting the tomatoes, running them through the tomato strainer, and then using the crock pot to make the paste. I am going to make corn tortillas as well as kale tortillas with whole wheat flour. Probably freeze some more corn on Sunday after I get back from the farm.

SATURDAY: spaghetti with tomato basilico sauce, served with meatballs and greek salad, and pizza with mozzarella,goat cheese,fresh figs and prosciutto for dinner.

SUNDAY: mix meat and vegetable grilled served with salad on the balcony and eggplant,fresh tomatoes and olives pie for dinner

Souvlaki: Sounds Divine

Sounds scrumptuous ...

Olive Pie ? Could you elaborate on this concoction for me, as to which olives and fillings do you use ? Is this Phyllo or Pastry Dough ?

Thanks,
Ciao, Margi.

yes please Souvlaki...more on the olive pie would be great! I'm busy eating a piece of emmental, goats cheese and tomato fougasse whilst reading this and trying to decide what to make for lunch. Think it's going to be healthyish with coleslaw, beetroot and yesterdays left over tomato and goats cheese tart. Off to the supermarket after lunch to find some sardines to bbq for dinner. Have a good weekend all.

Salon or Livingroom Renovation, Reforming, Painting

The last but not least renovation ... The painting and the knocking down one wall to create an open plan with the dining room ... to renovate the antique fireplace, and this shall continue through next week ...

Soon, all shall be finished ...

Thus, we are out and about, doing some shopping in Basilicata, with friends ... Matera is a unique city ... This is chili pepper & vegetable turf ... and the mountainous Pastoral lands, lamb and charcuterie, reign here ...

Ciao,
M.C.

Margi and kimmo

I quess i did not typed it as I should it is an eggplant pie with fresh tomatoes and olives on the top...

Turkish Eggplant Pie Recipe | Vegetarian Times

the only difference is that i make the dough

I do not bake but i grill the eggplants because i like that scent of smoked eggplant when i eat it
plus i prepare some bechamel sauce (2 tablespoons flour+2 tablespoons olive oil and milk as it takes to make a rather thick sauce )and add it to the eggplant mix.

I usually chop the eggplants and do not process them in the blender.

Souvlaki,

This Turkish eggplant pie with olive & tomato topping looks divine. Definitely am going to give this a try next week ... We are in Basilicata for wkend with dear friends, Matera born Giacinto and his Cantabrian Spanish wife Lucia whom we know uncountable years, and are neighbors and friends of ours. They have such a pretty one year old daughter Alessia too ... She is blonde with enormous blue eyes, and is a like a doll ... So petite.

Ciao, and have lovely Wkend.
Margi.

Ive been cooking here all weekend.

Last night was marinated round steak and bbq shrimp on the grill.

Tonight it will be fried asian chicken wings and a fresh salad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom