What Are Your Favorite Comfort Foods?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Toast on a fork, done over a log fire on a cold wet windy night.

Little burger with sauteed mushrooms and onions and A1 sauce and the fresh cut fries with malt vinegar!!!!!

Little Bacon Cheeseburger with mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomatos and onion. Regular Fry, well-done, to share. There is a gal at ours, who will double fry the potatoes so they are just right. I told her she rocks!

Now I'm all hungry, again!

Burgers ... a quintessential American food ... how could I have forgotten flame grilled burgers ...

... or Southern pan fried chicken ...

YUM!

I have to say.....there is a lot of comfort food....and I like it all!!! :LOL:
My favorite, though, has got to be Mrs Hoot's swiss steak. She makes a great shepherd's pie, too.
Gotta try that fish pie, also.

Although I was born in California, I grew up overseas in Ghana, Thailand, and El Salvador. As an adult, I have also worked in Saudi Arabia and Beirut, Lebanon.

My comfort foods tend to be somewhat eclectic.

In Ghana I developed an appreciation for grilled yams. In Thailand I bought deep fried bananas from street vendors while walking home from school. Our cook made Pad-Thai and on the weekends, we feasted on dim sum at a local Chinese restaurant. In El Salvador I encountered paella and real refried beans (which are unaccountably neither refried or even fried here in the U.S). In the Middle East I discovered pita bread with hummus, baklava, and schwarmas.

I also remember my mother's cooking. Since my mother didn't know how to cook, she used convenience foods like canned ravioli or Kraft instant Mac and Cheese. On cold rainy days, I sometimes find myself craving these foods.

What are your comfort foods?

there is a deep connection between living in a country and eating food in everydaylife. it's a romantic view and i like it very much. In my memories i remember a special smell in my grandmother's kitchen. On sunday it was the ragù smell, and for sure the moka (coffee machine) noise every morning!
Her italian lifestyle is still present nowadays...especially in my job and in my choices.

My best comfort food is coffee ...and i always try to find out the best one!

Nice post really!

Heinz Cream of Tomato soup. I remember it from my childhood.
Bangers and mash.
grilled cheese.
Shrimp and pasta from Maggiano's.
Philly cheese omelette from our local diner.
The spicy sausage and potato soup from Olive Garden.

Heinz Cream of Tomato soup. I remember it from my childhood.
Bangers and mash.
grilled cheese.
Shrimp and pasta from Maggiano's.
Philly cheese omelette from our local diner.
The spicy sausage and potato soup from Olive Garden.

I made that soup from the olive garden it was so good. I have the recipe up. It is so incredibly easy to make. The recipe was a little spicy for my liking, so the next time I am going to use less red pepper. It was awesome and was gone in no time.

One of my good friends loves it too and charged me with finding a suitable at home recipe. I think it is really close and is a great soup either way.

Back
Top Bottom