What do I do now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I took a 1.8# supposedly choice rib eye roast and cooked it until it was pull apart tender. Okay, I may have overcooked it. For such a supposedly deliciously tender cut of meat, it looked like the tail end of a huge muscle.

I cooked it with some water, vinegar and liquid smoke, with a slab of fat from a previous pork butt roast on top, all covered in foil.

I have a lot of flavorful fat/water left.

I'm thinking to shred the meat and let it sit in the fat/water solution for a bit, then making a meat and potatoes dish with gravy and sliced potatoes left from the pork last week. The other half I can add BBQ sauce and put in the freezer until I go shopping next week when I can pick up some hoisin sauce.

I need some of your ideas, guys.

I'm still looking for a good, easy carrot recipe to go with.:ermm:

Machaca for breakfast!

Your meat,potatoes,onions,cilantro,tomato and a little cheese all heated up in a hot skillet.

I like mashed carrot with ginger or just cooked in beef broth.
You could make a carrot salad too.

French dip sanwiches would be good too.

Shopping isn't until next tuesday. Alas, I have NO tomatoes, fresh or canned (RATS). I do have fresh ginger, so that's a good idea for the carrots. I haven't had fresh in a long time, so I hope I don't overdo it.

Right now I'm having trouble ignoring it. My hands keep dipping in. I did the shred, so that's sitting in the fat/water. Boy they look like brown noodles!

I kept having problems getting out of the kitchen 'cause I kept nibbling and getting my hands greasy, washing the hands then trying to pass the dish without getting greasy again. Finally had to put the foil back over the top - out of sight, out of mind.
Please, what is Machaca?????

Machaca for breakfast!

Your meat,potatoes,onions,cilantro,tomato and a little cheese all heated up in a hot skillet.

I like mashed carrot with ginger or just cooked in beef broth.
You could make a carrot salad too.

French dip sanwiches would be good too.

You have my attention. And, my stomache's attention. I think the mashed carrot sounds awesome.

A favorite recipe for my DH is par boil baby corrots then drain and add butter and brown sugar.If you like ginger a samll amount if grated fresh ginger will make the carrots so tasty.
I'd use some bbq sauce on that meat put it on a toasted bun and enjoy.
kadesma

Like I said, grocery shopping is next Tuesday. I'd have loved to make French dip or Po-Boys, but I'm down to plain old sliced white bread Well, I do have a couple of english muffins and biscuit mix. I love all the suggestions, so I did heat up the gravy & potatoes and added a little of the gorgeous meat, but put most of it away for next week.

You guys are great for polishing up a grocery list. french bread, honey...

Thanks for the ideas. Next week's menu is looking good.

Last edited:
You could always do an old fashiohned hot beef sandwich with mashed potatoes. Or as the folks do in the south, make a hot brown.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom