What food don't you like.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lady fingers ......... They just don't please me, did that come out right, hmmmm well I just don't like their texture.

I was surprised there wasn't more feedback defending boiled peanuts. Mention them at a party here in the south, and it seems more people like them than not. Maybe it's what you grow up with. For me the over salted soggy/chewy sort of stale like texture is a turnoff. Maybe it's just the over saltiness. When I was young I loved Fritos and the like. Now it's just a mouthful of salt. Same for KFC. Love the crunch but can't stand so much salt.

In my opinion boiled peanuts are over rated. But thats coming from a Jersey boy living in the south.

My most unfavoritest food is lima beans. You can't put enough bacon on them to get me to like them and I'll eat pretty much anything that's scratch made and smaller than my head. :punk:

In my opinion boiled peanuts are over rated. But thats coming from a Jersey boy living in the south.

My most unfavoritest food is lima beans. You can't put enough bacon on them to get me to like them and I'll eat pretty much anything that's scratch made and smaller than my head. :punk:
Is that dry limas (butter beans) or green limas???

Really can't handle liver. I have tried to eat it. It's both a taste and texture thing. It is just chocked full of vitamins and while my head knows that I just can't get it past my taste buds.

I am pretty adventurous but Durian (I've tried) is near the top of the short list.That maggot cheese is a definate no! no! Stinky Tofu too.I have also had some cheese I would not do again.

Most everything else is worth a try.

Omg we're pretty much alike! I too hate durian and cheese. Especially cheese. I can smell that awful odour from behind my nose everytime I chew on one. except for 'cooked' cheese such as pizza.

Green limas. I'll eat haggis, uni, anything pickled, (would try durian) but have never liked green lima beans. :huh:

If lima beans are "old," or overgrown, they are dry and woody. I don't like them then at all, but if they are picked young and cooked the same day, they are wonderful. When I was a kid I used to pick and shell them on my aunt's farm, and she would cook them in the most delicious and ethereal cream sauce. I can still see, smell and taste them. And yes, often when I buy them now, I am disappointed by the texture, because they are not as young and fresh as I think they should be.

LIVER ... I've tried chicken and beef livers prepared many ways throughout my life ... it's probably the only food I really dislike. As a child my mother would say "just take one bite"... :wub:

I like liver (calves liver and beef liver), but only if I cooked it (my mom's was good too). Whenever I see it at restaurants, it just doesn't look right. Many people tend to overcook it.

My husband hates liver, but he loves liver sausage (Braunschweiger) and cheese sandwiches.

:)Barbara

I dislike frozen peas. The texture is grainy. Same for Garbanzo beans, the flavor isn't good enough to overcome the gritty grainy texture.

I do however like canned peas, the smaller the better. It's just something about the frozen ones' texture.

I don't like brussel sprouts . . . I thought it was because I've had them boiled, but I tried roasting them, and I still don't like them.

I like liver (calves liver and beef liver), but only if I cooked it (my mom's was good too). Whenever I see it at restaurants, it just doesn't look right. Many people tend to overcook it.

My husband hates liver, but he loves liver sausage (Braunschweiger) and cheese sandwiches.

:)Barbara

Just please clarify for me if you will, is braunschweiger actually liver? I didn't think that it was. I actually like braunschweiger but cant stand liverwurst.

As far as I know, braunschweiger is a form of liverwurst. So you like some liverwursts but not all types.

Braunschweiger is a form of liverwurst, in a way. And yes, they are made from liver... liverwurst comes from cooked pork liver - only; Braunschweiger can contain pork, calf, veal or beef liver, or any combination of them in addition to up to 70% meat scraps.

I really like Braunschweiger sandwiches with mayo and chips on the side!!! YUMMM!!! But I have to limit this treat to about once a quarter. (Pfssss!!)

Last edited:
...I really like Braunschweiger sandwiches with mayo and chips on the side!!! YUMMM!!! But I have to limit this treat to about once a quarter. (Pfssss!!)

Sounds great. Now I have to pick up some supplies next trip to the market.

Oh, don't forget the pickles!

I'm not crazy for pizza. I'll eat it, but generally do not like it. (Really it is more the sauce and cheese. I just do not like a lot of cheese.) I cook with whole milk, but cannot drink it. It feels like it coats my throat with fat. No surprise that I do not tend to like overly rich cream sauces either.

I love all veggies, seafood (except canned sea urchin), fruits, and meats I've tried to date. I've never had Durian. As for meats, I've also never tried tripe or sweetbreads. I just have never got up the nerve to give them a try as unfair as that seems. All other meats have been grand.

I do not like overly salty things - not even popcorn.

I don't like boiled ham. It is totally a texture thing for me.

The boxed milk is a life-saver for no-milk drinkers. It's a part of my snow emergency kit which has been pretty effective in preventing snow days. *grins*

~Kathleen

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom