What food(s) do you like to treat yourself with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think I celebrate accomplishments with a specific food or foods. I just like to eat for no reason at all!

Wine of the month and beer of the month clubs. That's my special treat. I pair up all my meals with whatever wine/beer I have that month. Now I'm hungry. :-/

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Since you mention exercise, I tend to do more exercise to offset an ongoing situation (e.g. a local nutter who commits anti-social acts). It's a way of turning a negative into a positive
and helps to dispel my anger. Ha! So I do have more than one way of dealing with situations!

:LOL: Actually, you misunderstood my "American speak" to be an exercise workout. The truth is I treated myself to a pampered Spa treatment with a manicure and a pedicure in a massage chair. ;)

Last edited:
:LOL: Actually, you misunderstood my "American speak" to be an exercise workout. The truth is I treated myself to a pampered Spa treatment with a manicure and a pedicure in a massage chair. ;)
I did wonder.... ha! (Not familiar with what a mani-ped is) That sounds more like a treat!

I think I need to find more ways to treat myself that involve stepping away from the kitchen. Food is a more sure fired way to obtain enjoyment but maybe a physical pampering is the way to go more. I have an electric massager that makes me feel a lot better too...

Last edited:
I've lived with great food all my life, very blessed I know, with the exception of needing to be very frugal in my younger years with a young family. Somewhat later in life with weight and health issues I've learned that food rewards are dangerous, and not a good idea for me although I really understand those who feel differently. Not intending to sound preachy at all!! It's a fun thread.
Today I rewarded myself with a couple of hours of "me time" getting "the works" with a "Mani-Pedi". Does that count? ;)

Oh, heck yes that counts! :wub: What a nice way to spend 'me time'!

How 'bout a big-ass basket of smokin' hot wings, deep fried to a golden brown. Then, smothered in your favourite hot sauce cut with butter...

And, screw the veggie sticks. Just give me the wings!

And, when I sit down to eat them, I'll make an announcement to everyone at the table... "Okay, I'll talk you guys in about 15 minutes."

RD

On my birthday, I'll often make sauerbraten, kartoffelklosse und rotkohl.:yum:

Back
Top Bottom