What foods you don't ever want to see on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The foods I would never like to see on my plate would have to be liver, brussel sprouts or green peppers.

Liver..no doubt. It smells heavenly cooking and looks fantastic on a plate but put it into your mouth and you know misery!

I'll take the liver, green peppers with some onions and bacon...YUM!!!!!

Keep the sprouts.

You can all pass me those things you don't like except the offal, I do like liver and heart though, just not those other "innards".

Mint and slimy things don't work for me. I'm also not fond of anything that contains, or has been cooked in alcohol. Soft, ripened cheeses are not my favorite either. And you can keep that maggot cheese that's eaten in some middle-eastern areas. Not going to try balut, or spiders, or worms. I'm not particularly fond of grits, or hominy, or polenta. Black licorice and horehound are loved by some, but not by me. Other than that, I'll eat just about anything edible. I've even been known to eat burnt toast. My Dad always said "It'll put hair on your chest." It didn't.:LOL:

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the north

I don't usually cook with alcohol and I don't like chicken Marsala, but I recently started to add a splash of white wine when cooking with tomatoes and it makes a world of difference to me.

My mother told me she ate hard crusts of bread when she was pregnant with me so I would have curly hair, and I do have very thick curly hair. But I think the fact that she also had thick curly hair had a lot to do with it. LOL

I don't usually cook with alcohol and I don't like chicken Marsala, but I recently started to add a splash of white wine when cooking with tomatoes and it makes a world of difference to me.

My mother told me she ate hard crusts of bread when she was pregnant with me so I would have curly hair, and I do have very thick curly hair. But I think the fact that she also had thick curly hair had a lot to do with it. LOL
I have poker straight hair. My mother was a hairdresser and when I was moaning about not having curls like other little girls at school she told me that when in training, she had been told that curls are a genetic deformity. It didn't actually make me feel any better about my straight hair..

A friend of mine has straight hair. She was moaning about it and her father heard her. He said, "I'm very sorry I didn't give you curls. You were my first baby and I was very nervous, trying to get everything just right, so I guess I forgot the curls."

She never complained about the lack of curls again.

I have poker straight hair. My mother was a hairdresser and when I was moaning about not having curls like other little girls at school she told me that when in training, she had been told that curls are a genetic deformity. It didn't actually make me feel any better about my straight hair..

I had straight red hair. It didn't matter what I ate, it was straight as can be. Now that I am in my dotage, it is starting to curl on its own and drives me crazy. It makes it hard for my hairdresser. When she cuts it, there are ends all over the place that want to curl upwards. If there was a food that would make it straight again, I would :pig: pig out on it. :angel:

If you don't like grits, you won't like huitlacoche either. What this is is explained in an old blog entry of mine, Things in a can that I would never ever eat. This includes links to an essay on Huitlacoche and the 6 most terrifying foods in the world. BTW, Hákarl is not on that list, but it SHOULD BE! IT SHOULD BE!

I actually have since run across some other Things In A Can that should be appended to that list. These include roasted scorpions, tripe (I am QUITE SURE that tripe is not improved by being packed in a can in Milk Gravy), ant eggs, roasted crickets and eggs, and preserved giant water bugs.

Basically I don't want to eat anything that might be tasting me back, or worse yet, looks like it's trying to get a bite in of its own.

Some things just can't be helped even by barbequing, curry sauce, or candy coating. This is no better for being "BBQ flavored" either.

Makes a liver aversion look like a tempest in a teapot, and this pizza-flavored Canadian version of Spam becomes merely odd. I'm still not touching liver, though. Just because there are worse things in the world ....

12.jpg

12.jpg

Boy, if I couldn't cook with wine I'd probably quit cooking. It adds a wonderful richness to many dishes. Braising some meats almost requires it (short ribs and lamb shanks come immediately to mind). And I marinate one of my wing recipes in coconut rum, among other things.

If you don't like grits, you won't like huitlacoche either. What this is is explained in an old blog entry of mine, Things in a can that I would never ever eat. This includes links to an essay on Huitlacoche and the 6 most terrifying foods in the world. BTW, Hákarl is not on that list, but it SHOULD BE! IT SHOULD BE!

I actually have since run across some other Things In A Can that should be appended to that list. These include roasted scorpions, tripe (I am QUITE SURE that tripe is not improved by being packed in a can in Milk Gravy), ant eggs, roasted crickets and eggs, and preserved giant water bugs.

Basically I don't want to eat anything that might be tasting me back, or worse yet, looks like it's trying to get a bite in of its own.

Some things just can't be helped even by barbequing, curry sauce, or candy coating. This is no better for being "BBQ flavored" either.

Makes a liver aversion look like a tempest in a teapot, and this pizza-flavored Canadian version of Spam becomes merely odd. I'm still not touching liver, though. Just because there are worse things in the world ....

12.jpg

12.jpg
Spam came here as a result of "Lend Lease" in the second world war and it never left. I could really hate America for that....;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom