What is American food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nood said:
Fast&easy snack : If u are board and hungry this is an easy way to do you need tuna , lettuce , mayonnaise , salt , cheese . First put the tuna in blender then add the mayonnaise and the salt and the lettuce cut it for pieces then add blend it for one minute then bring a bread any kind of it put the cheese first and finally ur mixture bring u a pepsi or juice and enjoy ur meal

This is an American snack loo

Fast&easy snack : If u are board and hungry this is an easy way to do you need tuna , lettuce , mayonnaise , salt , cheese . First put the tuna in blender then add the mayonnaise and the salt and the lettuce cut it for pieces then add blend it for one minute then bring a bread any kind of it put the cheese first and finally ur mixture bring u a pepsi or juice and enjoy ur meal

That's how I make my hamburger topping! I put everything that I love "On" a hamburger, into the blender and blend until just reduced. Then spread it on a bun and add the cheese and hamburger!

It makes the sandwich much thinner, tastes exactly the same and I end up using twice the amount of veggies on each burger, which is good for me!

It sounds like "Pre-chewed gross-out", but it's actually very good that way.

Timothy said:
That's how I make my hamburger topping! I put everything that I love "On" a hamburger, into the blender and blend until just reduced. Then spread it on a bun and add the cheese and hamburger!

It makes the sandwich much thinner, tastes exactly the same and I end up using twice the amount of veggies on each burger, which is good for me!

Ya know, Timothy, that makes a lot of sense! Thanks!

Ya know, Timothy, that makes a lot of sense! Thanks!

Thanks Dawgluver! I think of it every time I see someone struggling to eat a hamburger that is 12 inches tall and all the goodies are falling out on the table, floor or ground. Tomatoes going one way, lettuce the other and the pickle down the middle! Pets don't like this trick! They will give you the "I'm a poor starving, hungry dog" look if you use it! :ROFLMAO:

american food--i am sure it is delicious to many....:)

Salisbury steak, smashed red potatoes in jackets (butter, sour cream and ½ & ½), burgundy mushroom and onion gravy and frozen mixed vegetables.

img_1036664_0_e29dcdb5b5ea97f0730c1043e77a0f46.jpg

this must be what is meant by "blue plate special"--god, look at that velvety smooth, rich brown gravy with mushrooms!:)
Thank you Vit. I made the gravy in the pan drippings with a bit of gravy master added then simmered the salisbury steaks in the gravy for about 20 minutes.

OMG, that gravy, MM! I could eat that off my husband's tennis socks!

When I was a child, I loved reading the Nero Wolfe books by Rex Stout. Mr. Wolfe, noted detective, also adored wonderful "North American" foods. It was in these books that I learned that items such as turkey, some species of duck and quail, striped bass, salmon, and sturgeon were indigenous contributions to other cultures. In grade school, I knew of corn, potatoes, and peppers...but later I learned they were transplants from Central and South America. Bison, black walnuts (and several other nuts,) sunflower seeds, cranberries, and may other items are North America's contributions to world cuisine.

I have his cookbook, but never made anything but an egg dish out of it....hmm...maybe I should skip Vittles and make the Nero Wolfe restaurant. ;)

Back
Top Bottom