What is vegis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShellyCooks

Senior Cook
I am on a reunion committee and when we meet, people bring snacks. People usually email committee members as to what they are bringing so there are not duplicates. One person wrote that she is bringing vegis to the next meeting. I was stumped. I checked online and I think vegis means roasted or grilled vegetables, but I'm really not sure. Is this a vegan or vegetarian term? Is there a special recipe to follow for vegis? I oven roast vegetables all the time, but have never read a recipe referring to them as vegis.

I am on a reunion committee and when we meet, people bring snacks. People usually email committee members as to what they are bringing so there are not duplicates. One person wrote that she is bringing vegis to the next meeting. I was stumped. I checked online and I think vegis means roasted or grilled vegetables, but I'm really not sure. Is this a vegan or vegetarian term? Is there a special recipe to follow for vegis? I oven roast vegetables all the time, but have never read a recipe referring to them as vegis.

I'd email her back and ask.

Thanks for the replies. I, too, thought it was a typo until someone wrote back and said he couldn't wait to taste her vegis. Maybe he was joking, too? I give up! I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and email her or just wait until the meeting and see what vegis really is!? Ha! Ha!

Might be a code word that some people use to refer to "veggies" or vegetables in ordinary English.

Might refer to vagus nerve or vagus reflex. I understand the latter can be stimulated by inserting your finger in your throat. Maybe it's a code word that means it won't be good, or maybe it's a code word that she doesn't have good grammar. :)

Might even be motivated by an intermittent "G" key on the keyboard. Might be she hit the "G" key twice and Vanna couldn't move the letters fast enough. ;)

I think she meant vegetables and didn't know the commonly accepted slang was "veggies." No way of telling what kind of vegis she's bringing, short of asking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom