What is your favorite way to make radish soup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think you'll like it Blissful. And, try the cold version (or a variation thereof) of the link for cold radish soup I posted. As I recall, you make your own yogurt...and buttermilk? Let us know what you think of radish soup.

Interesting...
I was recently assigned an article on Minnesota hotdish, and never encountered radish soup during my research. Asian style, soups and stews with daikon radish is routine for me. I had stored away in my head how I might cook and marry little red radishes with radicchio, but have yet to try anything. I can't yet seem to acquire a taste for cooking other Asian veggies like cucumber and lettuce, but continue to occasionally try.

This is admittedly a tame idea, but it's good. Finely grate a tablespoon of raw radish. Finish a soup serving with a dollop. It gives the soup a refreshing little peppery bite.

They lose their potency when you cook them. I'm thinking I'll be making radish soup out of the ones that get too big. The soup is radish based, it doesn't have other veggies in it. I think Bliss shared that when you cook them, they are more like turnips than radishes. I'm thinking the next batch I'll make will have "radish curls" on top for garnish to maintain the peppery taste of the radish. Stretch your culinary tastes and make a small batch. You'll be surprised. I am also thinking French tarragon instead of the lavender next time. I've got a bunch of different radish varieties planted--can hardly wait to combine them in soup.Radishes grow quickly, but what to do with them besides salads and garnishes?

point taken - in cooking, i'll try virtually anything once, but i don't have a fine assortment of home grown radishes like you do! do you make soup from kohlrabi as well?

If I can keep the DH from eating the kohlrabi, I do make a cold soup from that (similar to a cucumber cold soup). The next time I can keep him out of the kohlrabi and he leaves me with some for the week, I'll TNT the recipe and post it. I love kohlrabi raw. And, there isn't ever enough of it to try and figure out what else to do with it...unlike the radishes.

Back
Top Bottom