What rice brand do you use to make Rice Balls?(Onigiri)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RavenWhite

Assistant Cook
I've been wondering cause there's way to many selections in the grocery store to choose from and I don't know which brand would be best to make Rice Balls with. So does anyone have any suggestions?

Rather than a specific brand, you need to be sure you use the right type of rice. Onigiri calls for short grain 'sticky rice'.

Yeah I knew that.. But the brands can sometimes have to do with the way it cooks. So I was wondering.

Well that's my main problem. No Asian markets what so ever around here. Seriously.. Its annoying. Everything's harder to find in Kentucky it seems. So if I did get it it would have to be online.

Chinese rice balls??? I use long grain rice for those, it's fluffier, short grained rice tends to be much softer, not really the texture I look for... I also make rice balls with arborio rice, but they are not chinese...

Short of ordering online...check your grocer's shelf for Watermaid or River brand...One or both should be available in your area...both are medium/short grain. HTH

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom