What should I do with my chicken breasts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

georgevan

Senior Cook
I like dark meat of chicken but don't especially care for white meat so I have to add a glaze or something to make it tasty. Any suggestions?

Try Chicken Adobo. Hot marinade is 2 parts soy sauce, 1 part vinegar, 1-2 parts water: enough to cover the chicken in a stock pot. Minced garlic, black pepper and 1-2 bay leaves. Simmer frozen chicken for 1 hour or thawed chicken for 45 minutes, turning frequently. Start a grill for a medium-hot fire. Take the chicken out of the marinade and place it carefully on the grill, so the skin doesn't peel off. Brown, crisp, and lightly char, then turn with a spatula, using care not to disturb the skin.

I usually do bone-in thighs, but it works with any piece or combination.

qlJQjCa.jpg

The marinade can be cooled, skimmed for fat, and saved. Makes a great base for hot & sour soup or Asian sauces.

Mix,in a bowl;

Garlic powder
Onion powder
Thyme
Celery seed
Dill seed
White pepper
½ the amount of;
Cayenne pepper
Black pepper
¼ the aunt o salt

Fry in grease, when it looks not quite done it is done.

Sandwiches chicken parmesan like I think I am having tonight. Plenty of other things, spiced up it would be good in burritos or something, but if you do that cut it up and season the pieces before frying.

Or you can cut elongate triangles and spice and flour them, deep fry. Let people have those and some sauce, there will be no bones laying around on the morning.

T

I prefer dark meat too, but DH dislikes dark meat, so I have a whole repertoire of tasty recipes that are good with chicken breast. Here are two.

1) Slit a pocket into the side of a chicken breast. Stuff it with Boursin or flavoured cream cheese. Wrap it in bacon. Then roast it in the oven. It could probably be grilled, but sometimes some of the cheese leaks out.

2) Marinate the chicken breast in Italian dressing or other vinaigrette that you like. leave it in the marinade for 20 minutes to 2 hours. Roast it in the oven or on the grill. I often roast it in the oven on top of some vegis. I pour the leftover marinade over the chicken and vegis before I put it in the oven. Save the juices from the roasting pan to top the chicken, or the vegis, or to dip bread into. I often toss a couple of Italian sausages on top. I use the Italian sausage for something else, but it kicks up the flavour of both the chicken and the sausage.

Use a meat mallet to flatten the breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Make a compound butter of salted butter, sage, rosemary, and garlic. Form the butter into canelés and chill in you fridge for 15 minutes. Place the little football shaped canelés onto the center of each flattened chicken breast, and fold the edges over the butter, securing with toothpicks, Place on parchment paper and place into your freezer, seem side down, for twenty minutes. Dip in flour, the egg wash, the completely coat with seasoned bread crumbs. Pan fry in a couple inches of hot oil, turning to brow every side, Place onto parchment paper lined baking sheet, and place into a preheated 350' F. oven for 25 minutes. Serve with a honey-mustard dip.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I forgot to add that the chicken is already cooked. I bought it cooked so I can't use most of the above suggestions.

Ooh :unsure: the only type of pre-cooked Chicken that I buy are those Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips.
I suppose you could do a Chicken Parm, or Copycat Sizzler's Malibu Chicken with that.
Are they breaded, grilled, poached, nuggets, strips, patties ... how have they been prepared?
More info please :smartass:

With already cooked chicken breast, I would make a chicken salad or a salad with chicken or a hot chicken sandwich. For the hot chicken sandwich, I recommend shredding / pulling the chicken rather than dicing, though it works with diced chicken too.

2) Marinate the chicken breast in Italian dressing or other vinaigrette that you like. leave it in the marinade for 20 minutes to 2 hours. Roast it in the oven or on the grill. I often roast it in the oven on top of some vegis. I pour the leftover marinade over the chicken and vegis before I put it in the oven. Save the juices from the roasting pan to top the chicken, or the vegis, or to dip bread into. I often toss a couple of Italian sausages on top. I use the Italian sausage for something else, but it kicks up the flavour of both the chicken and the sausage.

I use this for boneless pork chops, but Mom wants them to be marinated overnight.

I forgot to add that the chicken is already cooked. I bought it cooked so I can't use most of the above suggestions.
Ooo, it's hardly soup weather right now. If it were soup weather, I would suggest my creamy chicken and wild rice soup. Maybe next time.

If you make chicken salad, we have two favorites. One has green grapes, almond slices or slivers, and a touch of cinnamon (or Chinese five spice or garam masala). The other has dried cranberries and walnuts.

You can also shred the chicken, mix with a little green salsa, and use for tacos. That's a quick and easy one.

If the chicken is already cooked, your options are cut way back. Besides soups and salads, you can use them for tacos.

Start with cold chicken breasts, cut them into strips, season with some salt and pepper (plus cayenne pepper if you want some heat), give them a very quick sear in a very hot skillet, and you have a good meat base for some tacos.

CD

for precooked chicken, you can:
1. dice and add to chili,
2.marinara with parmesan
3. over toast with chicken gravy for an open-faced chicken sandwich,
4. shred and use in an enchilada, or wet burrito,
5. Heat and place on a bun with lettuce ant tomato, with you favorite condiments
6. Make a cold tomato/veggie soup, with added cilantro, celery, onion, maybe some red, or kidney beans, add the small dice chicken, se4ve with tortilla chips
7. Add to Nachos
8. heat in finger sized strips with hone/mustard, BBQ. and catsup-horseradish dipping sauces

That's all I can think of for now. I hope you find something that interests you in this, or the other posts.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom