What starter can you have at a barbecue party?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmcgee

Assistant Cook
It is my husband's 50th birthday this weekend and we are having an informal barbecue for about a hundred people.

The meat and salads are all organised but I am stumped as to what to have as a starter! I was going to make chicken liver paté with different breads but I don't think that this fits in with the casual 'theme' of the birthday party.

Does anyone have any suggestions? :ermm:

Thanks so much for the speedy reply!

I think that chips and salsa sounds great as it will be a bit difficult to fit anything else onto the barbecue.

I had a recipe for Six O’Clock Parcels using cheesy pastry filled with chicken liver pate, mixed with chopped walnuts. The parcels were small; about 3 inches. Just wish I had the recipe because it was a sure-fire winner at BBQs.

I had a recipe for Six O’Clock Parcels using cheesy pastry filled with chicken liver pate, mixed with chopped walnuts. The parcels were small; about 3 inches. Just wish I had the recipe because it was a sure-fire winner at BBQs.

This sounds very tasty. Sadly, no one I know likes liver. I guess I could make a batch for myself...:rolleyes:

This sounds very tasty. Sadly, no one I know likes liver. I guess I could make a batch for myself...:rolleyes:

Tell you what, then.. have a bash at making chicken liver pate, make some cheesy pastry, chop up some walnuts and add plenty s+p. Do an egg glaze and I reckon a light baking as for the pastry. See how they come out, what they taste like. I can't do any cooking for a while, so would be pleased to see any results. As might tmcgee. :)

Actually, I make a tasty gougere with gruyere cheese. A pate might be just the thing to pipe into the center.

What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom