What temperature would be considered medium heat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
My wife is in the process of making Banana pancakes.
kind of a diet thing, low carbs.
I think the only ingredients are bananas and egg whites .

Anyway, it says fry on medium heat, yet the electric frying pan she is using lists actual degrees of temperature.

She is kind of a by the book cooker, so she won't be satisfied until I give her a number.

So what number would be considered Medium heat ?

Unfortunately, before I could post this, she burned the first batch ( at 300 F ) which Im surprised at. I figure 300 would be on the lower side.

After getting the death look, she lowered it to 250 ( which I think is low).

Larry, the problem with being a "by the book" cook is that not all recipe writers are so precise in their testing and descriptions. So we need to be a bit flexible [emoji2]

Larry, the problem with being a "by the book" cook is that not all recipe writers are so precise in their testing and descriptions. So we need to be a bit flexible [emoji2]

I agree, which is why if i were behind the stove, It would have been a hands on, completely interactive experience monitoring it 100% of the way, but she wanted to do it herself.

And about the low carbs, sure a banana has carbs, but a banana pancake with flour has a lot more carbs, which is why she found a recipe without it.

That being said, she burned half of them.
the other half she said were ok while they were warm, but as they started to cool off, it tasted more like eggs and less like bananas.

Which is why Im the one usually doing the cooking :LOL:

But had to let her learn on her own, she was being stubborn.

honestly, that recipe never would have made it to the stove if i saw it.

I agree, which is why if i were behind the stove, It would have been a hands on, completely interactive experience monitoring it 100% of the way, but she wanted to do it herself.

And about the low carbs, sure a banana has carbs, but a banana pancake with flour has a lot more carbs, which is why she found a recipe without it.

That being said, she burned half of them.
the other half she said were ok while they were warm, but as they started to cool off, it tasted more like eggs and less like bananas.

Which is why Im the one usually doing the cooking [emoji38]

But had to let her learn on her own, she was being stubborn.

honestly, that recipe never would have made it to the stove if i saw it.
I understand. There wasn't an answer to the question that would work for both the pancake and for her. This pancake was not meant to be [emoji2]

Back
Top Bottom