What the heck do I do with almond flour???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about experimenting substituting some, not all, almond flour for some white flour? I would think muffins would be a "safe" place to start, you can throw in some fruit and it will probably be relatively tasty. Maybe substitute 1/4 of the AP flour with almond flour.

Wouldn't hurt to try. Thanks :)

Streusel Topping for 24 muffins:

1/3 C. sugar
1/3 C. dark brown sugar, packed
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
(pinch nutmeg optional)
8 TBSP. (1 stick) butter, melted
1 3/4 C. all-purpose flour (REPLACE all or part with almond flour)

1/3 C. sugar
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
(pinch nutmeg optional)
Great idea. This reminds me that I made an apple crisp dessert for a master gardener event and we knew there were two people who had celiac disease. I used a recipe like this for the crisp topping (with rolled oats) and I liked it better than one made with wheat flour. Almond flour has much more flavor.

1/3 C. sugar
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
(pinch nutmeg optional)

Ooo, yum! Thanks for that.

Great idea. This reminds me that I made an apple crisp dessert for a master gardener event and we knew there were two people who had celiac disease. I used a recipe like this for the crisp topping (with rolled oats) and I liked it better than one made with wheat flour. Almond flour has much more flavor.

It really does have nice flavor. I followed Chief's suggestion yesterday and added almond flour to my bowl of Cream of Wheat (have loved that stuff since I was a kid) and it tasted so delicious.

If you want an over the top treat made with your almond flour, try this - https://lovingitvegan.com/vegan-snickers-bars-gluten-free/

Where the recipe calls for 2/3rds cup rolled oats, processed into flour, sustitue 1/3 cup roilled oats, and 1/3 cup almond flour that has been toasted in the oven. I would also use a melted Lindt bar of choice, milk chocolate, salted 70% dark chocolate, etc., as they are readily available.

Roasting the almond flour should give it a more familiar nutty flavor.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

If you want an over the top treat made with your almond flour, try this - https://lovingitvegan.com/vegan-snickers-bars-gluten-free/

Where the recipe calls for 2/3rds cup rolled oats, processed into flour, sustitue 1/3 cup roilled oats, and 1/3 cup almond flour that has been toasted in the oven. I would also use a melted Lindt bar of choice, milk chocolate, salted 70% dark chocolate, etc., as they are readily available.

Roasting the almond flour should give it a more familiar nutty flavor.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

See, now those look good. However, if I would venture to make these, I'd use real milk chocolate ;)

Make macarons! A few year ago, you couldn't find almond flour anywhere. Then the macaron rage took over the baking world. For a while, everyone was learning to make the delicate French cookie with the creamy buttercream filling. Almond flour, confectioners sugar and egg whites are the major ingredients.

Make macarons! A few year ago, you couldn't find almond flour anywhere. Then the macaron rage took over the baking world. For a while, everyone was learning to make the delicate French cookie with the creamy buttercream filling. Almond flour, confectioners sugar and egg whites are the major ingredients.

Nice idea, I'll check into that ;)

My wife picked up a bag the other day, I used some, and threw out the rest the next day.

Oh, wups! :LOL:

Guess it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom