What the heck do I do with almond flour???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Linda0818

Head Chef
I purchased a bag of almond flour and I have no idea what to do with it. I thought maybe it would be better than white flour for breading and frying, but then I read almond flour isn't a good choice for that purpose.

So now I'm stuck with a whole bag of the stuff and I have no clue to how to use it.

Any suggestions?

It's a PITA. Keto friendly flour substitute. when breading it either clumps or doesn't stick. there are some tricks to frying with it.

It's a PITA. Keto friendly flour substitute. when breading it either clumps or doesn't stick. there are some tricks to frying with it.

I've heard the same thing from a few people, that they don't like working with it. If I can't find something to do with it, I'll probably just pitch it out.

add it to rolled oats, rolled barley, wheat germ, dried fruit, honey, brown sugar, butter, and vanilla, or maple to make granola bars. You can also add almond flour to hot cereals to add protien.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Any recipe that calls for almonds or other nuts.

I like to replace some of the AP flour with almond flour in Cranberry, Tangerine (or orange) & Nut Bread or Banana Nut Bread recipes.

Last edited:
Any recipe that calls for almonds or other nuts.

I like to replace some of the AP flour with almond flour in Cranberry, Tangerine (or orange) & Nut Bread or Banana Nut Bread recipes.

That's a good idea as well.

I originally bought the almond flour to see if I could replace white flour with a healthier alternative when making gravies and rouxs, etc. But after doing some reading, I discovered that was a bad idea.

He eats jars of Almond Flour? how interesting...

I was going to ask them same thing :LOL:

Maybe she misread and thought it said almond butter? I'm interested to know the answer to that one!

I didn't!

PS - please get out of my thread. Your comments are ridiculous (I believe you're just trolling) and you don't come onto boards like these and include in your posts that you "have to pee!"

Plus you've made other extremely strange comments. You obviously have no intention of constructively contributing to this community.

How about experimenting substituting some, not all, almond flour for some white flour? I would think muffins would be a "safe" place to start, you can throw in some fruit and it will probably be relatively tasty. Maybe substitute 1/4 of the AP flour with almond flour.

Back
Top Bottom