What to serve as a side dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sweet potato french fries are a nutritious hit that never fails to suprise. They not only have the carbs, but are full of nutrients, and fiber as well. Good stuff.

If your crew doesn't do well with sweet potatoes, try making a fruit bowl with cantaloupe, blueberries, etc. Again, you will be getting not only the carbs, but a bunch of healthy things packed in deliscious fruit.

If that still won't work, make a fruit smoothie out of stone fruit such as peaches, apricots, plumbs, an apple and/or pear, some strawberrie nectar, and a peeled and sliced carrot. Through in some silken toful for added nutrition and thickening. Your family won't know there is anything in the smoothie but great taaste.

For something a bit more traditional, put one can each, with the can liquor - kidney beans, wax or green beans, and either garbozo, or black beans. Add 1/4 cup white or apple vinegar, and 1/4 cup Splenda or sugar to the mix. Add some celery seed and chopped fresh onion. Let sit in the fridge until dinner is served. Put your chicken, three-bean salad, together with some cottage cheese on a plate and serve.

Hope this isn't too late and I hope it helps.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

To me the chicken dish is fairly heavy, and would go with some veggies, like the mentioned ideas of candied carrots or asparagus.

But if you want some carbs, how about gnocchi with a simple light sauce?

Ok guys, the dinner turned out amazing. First i pounded the boneless skinless chicken breasts out flat. They were half a pound each. I then dipped them in the egg and rolled them in a corn flake mixture. The corn flake mixture was a total throw it together and hopefully it tastes good. It was corn flakes, Italian seasonings, Parm cheese from the can, garlic powder(very little). once i breaded the chicken with that i put a big slice of black forest ham and swiss cheese in the middle and then rolled it up really tight. I then topped it off with another slice of ham and cheese and more corn flake mixture. once it was all breaded i drizzled butter all over it and all over the bottom of the baking dish.

for the side dish i made this

1/2 cup Ranch Dressing 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese 1/4 cup OSCAR MAYER Real Bacon Bits 2 lb. small red bliss potatoes, quartered (about 6 cups) 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh Italian seasonings

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Mix dressing, cheese and bacon bits in large bowl. Add potatoes; toss lightly. SPOON into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish; cover with foil. BAKE 40 min. Remove foil; bake an additional 15 min. or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with parsley.

except i used 3/4 cups of cheese. and twice the bacon and i did not cover with foil at all so they turned out nice and golden brown with the butter on them and all. mmmmm.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom