What's with people and fresh dough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hyperion

Senior Cook
The other day I was watch food network, it's showing a pizzeria inside an amusement park. While being interviewed, the owner/operator of the restaurant emphasized more than a couple of times that their dough is very fresh.

I have also seen this emphasis on dough's freshness (and fresh everyday!) on a couple of tv occasions, not just pizza, but also breads.

So why do people think dough is fresher the better? I mean come on, the dough needs to get flavor from fermentation, and that means the dough is at least one day old. not to mention that doughs can go through cold rising for several days.

Or did I miss something...

FRESH! is a big time promotional word in food and cooking. If it's FRESH it must be better.

Es ist nicht gut fuer deine Maegen...It's not good for your stomach. When I lived in Germany, I used to bake bread. Of course, I liked to cut the heel off and eat it warm (okay--maybe more than warm). And that is what the mother of the family would tell me...and that is the first thing that came to mind when I read the subject line for this thread...

Es ist nicht gut fuer deine Maegen...It's not good for your stomach. When I lived in Germany, I used to bake bread. Of course, I liked to cut the heel off and eat it warm (okay--maybe more than warm). And that is what the mother of the family would tell me...and that is the first thing that came to mind when I read the subject line for this thread...

It's all the butter melted into it while it's still warm.:D

FRESH! is a big time promotional word in food and cooking. If it's FRESH it must be better.
For awhile the buzzwords were "crisp" and "crunchy." Commercials got so bad that they practically had yogurt and bananas snapping and crunching! :LOL:

Es ist nicht gut fuer deine Maegen...It's not good for your stomach. When I lived in Germany, I used to bake bread. Of course, I liked to cut the heel off and eat it warm (okay--maybe more than warm). ...
I'd take my chances...anytime!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom