Which Beginner's Cookbook?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Best Beginner's Cookbook?

• Betty Crocker Cookbook: Everything You Need to Know to Cook Today 10th Edition

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Anyone Can Cook: Step-by-Step Recipes Just for You (Better Homes & Gardens Cooking)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book, 15th Edition

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TripleB

Assistant Cook
As mentioned in my earlier post I'm 43 and am going to learn how to cook.

I need a cookbook that only has great recipes, but also (maybe more importantly) tells me what those new to cooking need to know: difference in knives, what pots/pans I need, the different ways to cook, what typical spices are used (how they taste, what they look like), how to chop/peel/slice/cut, etc. All the basic information I will need to know as I become a cook.

I'm a very visual learner so I need a great number of pictures of both the meals and the general information on knives/pans/spices/etc.

Which of the three books mentioned in the poll (links are below) would be the best to purchase?

BCC: EYN Amazon.com: Betty Crocker Cookbook: Everything You Need to Know to Cook Today, New Tenth Edition (0761553029954): Betty Crocker Editors: Books

ACC: SBS Amazon.com: Anyone Can Cook: Step-by-Step Recipes Just for You (Better Homes & Gardens Cooking) (9780696232930): Better Homes & Gardens: Books

BHG: 15th Amazon.com: Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book, 15th Edition (Better Homes & Gardens Plaid) (9780470556863): Better Homes & Gardens: Books

Thank you for your help.

BTW: I went to a local bookstore to compare all three but they only had the BHG 15th in stock.

TripleB

As mentioned in my earlier post I'm 43 and am going to learn how to cook.

I need a cookbook that only has great recipes, but also (maybe more importantly) tells me what those new to cooking need to know: difference in knives, what pots/pans I need, the different ways to cook, what typical spices are used (how they taste, what they look like), how to chop/peel/slice/cut, etc. All the basic information I will need to know as I become a cook.

I'm a very visual learner so I need a great number of pictures of both the meals and the general information on knives/pans/spices/etc.

Which of the three books mentioned in the poll (links are below) would be the best to purchase?

BCC: EYN Amazon.com: Betty Crocker Cookbook: Everything You Need to Know to Cook Today, New Tenth Edition (0761553029954): Betty Crocker Editors: Books

ACC: SBS Amazon.com: Anyone Can Cook: Step-by-Step Recipes Just for You (Better Homes & Gardens Cooking) (9780696232930): Better Homes & Gardens: Books

BHG: 15th Amazon.com: Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book, 15th Edition (Better Homes & Gardens Plaid) (9780470556863): Better Homes & Gardens: Books

Thank you for your help.

BTW: I went to a local bookstore to compare all three but they only had the BHG 15th in stock.

TripleB

Having received my new Betty Crocker Cookbook just before my first married Thanksgiving in 1964, I was able to make a complete traditional Thanksgiving dinner with it's instructions. Everything came out perfect, so that's my recommendation.

Back
Top Bottom