Whole Foods - store help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LT72884

Head Chef
I have a firend who is trying to start a food store that will carry spices,teas and natural foods.

It will be in a small farm city (19,000 people as of 2000 census)

I am curious as to what you would expect to be in a whole foods store. As of right now, i dont think meats are there. not enough people and its the older generation. What i mean by that is, simplicity. My grandpa is very simple. doesnt like all this "hippie" stuff that we call all natural food. Walmart is down the road, thats gonna be a issue possibly for the store.

Im just trying to help him succeed.

So, if you saw a new natural food store in town, what would you want to be in there?

thanks guys. I appreciate the help. i figured i would post here because you all are pros at cookin and what not. plus the forums are always active!

I have a firend who is trying to start a food store that will carry spices,teas and natural foods.

It will be in a small farm city (19,000 people as of 2000 census)

I am curious as to what you would expect to be in a whole foods store. As of right now, i dont think meats are there. not enough people and its the older generation. What i mean by that is, simplicity. My grandpa is very simple. doesnt like all this "hippie" stuff that we call all natural food. Walmart is down the road, thats gonna be a issue possibly for the store.

Im just trying to help him succeed.

So, if you saw a new natural food store in town, what would you want to be in there?

thanks guys. I appreciate the help. i figured i would post here because you all are pros at cookin and what not. plus the forums are always active!

I would bounce if there was a small market that sold local foods like produce, fruits, and dairy in addition to quality spices, teas, and coffees (including whole bean.) Also, carrying some of those old time candies like quality maple nut clusters may get grandpa in the shop. :)

Back
Top Bottom