Whole wheat pasta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aguilerajuan123

Assistant Cook
Im 21 years old and Ive been slowly learning how to cook and I love doing it.
I'm going to make some whole wheat pasta tomorrow for lunch and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what kind of tomato sauces I should use what else I could put in it like chicken, shrimp, ect. I'm on a diet so I'm trying to make it as healthy as possible and advice greatly appreciate it!

Im 21 years old and Ive been slowly learning how to cook and I love doing it.
I'm going to make some whole wheat pasta tomorrow for lunch and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what kind of tomato sauces I should use what else I could put in it like chicken, shrimp, ect. I'm on a diet so I'm trying to make it as healthy as possible and advice greatly appreciate it!
Cook your pasta according to package directions. Then with all the nice fresh things soming in to season how about chopping some fresh tomatoes with fresh basil some crushed garlic and parmesan cheese for the top wix all together, salt and pepper a little olive oil if you like and enjoy. No need to cook the veggies fresh room temp will taste great. Enjoy
kadesma:)

Okay so cook the pasta just how I'm suppose to then mix all those seasonings into the tomato sauce?

If you are on a diet, avoid the tomato sauce all together!!!

Cook pasta according to directions.
In a pan on the stove, add a bit of olive oil, lemon juice, fresh garlic and onions!! Brown a bit, cook chicken or beef, add mushrooms brocoli, carrots, snow peas. Cook for a few minutes add cooked pasta to the pan. Mix ingredients well!!!
** Try using the herbed whole wheat pastas, lemon & herb, tomato & basil (Healthy harvest, they come in a green box, soooooooo goooood) This way you don't have to add any thick creamy sauces for flavor. It's all fresh & natural**

Also if you have a favorite oil based salad dressing you can always add a bit of that to your mix to create a low cal flavorful dish!!

Not sure why one would avoid tomato sauce if dieting....
One can just stir the stuff together.

Okay so cook the pasta just how I'm suppose to then mix all those seasonings into the tomato sauce?

Put the tomatoes and seasonings into a serving bowl for the pasta. Let it sit at room temp while you cook the pasta. When the pasta is finished, drain it, and put it into the bowl on top the pasta. Let it sit for a couple of minutes, then take two forks and, going all the way down to the bottom of the bowl, lift the sauce ingreds up and over the pasta a few times. It mixes really easily.

You can use many things other than tomatoes or tomato sauce on your pasta. Sauteed mushrooms, onions and garlic are delicious as a sauce, too (just for starters).

Be sure you salt the water before you cook your pasta. Use about 1 tablespoon of salt.

I know I'm late with this, but I always cook the whole wheat pasta a little longer than the white stuff as it tends to be firmer...a little too firm for my taste.

Back
Top Bottom