Wild Duck!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KillKleanEat

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone,

This is my first post so I'm just curious to know if there is anyone here that enjoys the finer points of cooking game. I'm presently working with wild duck and have several pounds of wild duck breast filets. I've been trying an assortment of recipes, some good, some not so good. The trick is to find a good marinade, especially for the darker, stronger flavored diver ducks. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cherry wood smoked duck breast, paired with andoullie and granny smith apple confit. Finish with a wild berry sauce(shallot, garlic, raspberry, blueberry, cracked black pepper and a little thyme).

Hi everyone,

This is my first post so I'm just curious to know if there is anyone here that enjoys the finer points of cooking game. I'm presently working with wild duck and have several pounds of wild duck breast filets. I've been trying an assortment of recipes, some good, some not so good. The trick is to find a good marinade, especially for the darker, stronger flavored diver ducks. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.
You can soak the duck apple juice or a sweet wine to tame the wild in it a bit. use plenty of fresh herbs when cooking.. When in doubt...add bacon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom