Would YOU eat THIS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrillingFool

Head Chef
Without looking it up on the net, just based on this list of the ingredients....

would you eat this?

Milk And Part-Skim Milk, Water, Whey, Milkfat, Sodium Phosphate, Contains Less Than 2% Of Dried Corn Syrup, Salt, Worcestershire Sauce (Vinegar, Water, Molasses, Corn Syrup, Salt, Sugar, Caramel Color, Dried Garlic, Spice, Anchovies, Tamarino, Natural Preservative, Annatto (Color), Oleoresin Paprika, Enzymes

I'll tell you what it is later.....

I think it has ingredients missing from the list as there is no annatto in Worcestershire sauce ... Plus the ingredients as they are don't make sense to me without more stuff. Possibly a sauce or a dressing.

So I'll reserve judgement.

no. based on my allergy to corn syrup and my moderate lactose intolerance, whatever that is would make me one sick cookie. :wacko:and I'm not interested in "sick" when I can avoid it.

I've read the ingredient list on packaged foods (and I do mean all of them) before I purchase for at least 25 years.

Ah, yes, the ubiquitous "natural" yellow food coloring annatto. Now I'm starting to think that it might be some sort of processed cheese as well. But we don't eat that stuff, so still no.

Cheez Whiz it is!
I admit I expected a lot more obtuse chemical names in the ingredient list.
Interesting.

Here's the list for Kraft Mac and Cheese mix:

”whey, milkfat, milk protein concentrate, salt, sodium tripolyphosphate, contains less than 2% of citric acid, sodium phosphate, lactic acid, milk, calcium phosphate, yellow 5, yellow 6, cheese culture, enzymes.

Cheez Whiz it is!
I admit I expected a lot more obtuse chemical names in the ingredient list.
Interesting.

Here's the list for Kraft Mac and Cheese mix:

I would have never expected to find anchovies in cheese whiz.

Interesting comparison.... for 1 ounce of each:
..................CHEEZ WHIZ ............Cheddar Cheese
Calories ........... 91................................ 113
Fat ...................6.9................................ 9
Cholesterol....... 25................................. 29
Sodium........... 541............................... 179
Carbs ..............3................................... 0
Protien............ 4................................... 7

The salt doesn't surprise me, but I thought it would be higher in calories, fat and cholesterol too.

Cheez Whiz is a thick cheese sauce - not comparing like products when you compare it to a chunk of real cheese.

Any cheese in the Whiz is diluted with those other non-cheese products.

In Canada, Kraft makes Cheese Whiz using actual cheese.

From the Kraft USA site

CHEEZ WHIZ - CHEESE DIP - ORIGINAL
Ingredients: WHEY, CANOLA OIL, MILK, MILK PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, MALTODEXTRIN , SODIUM PHOSPHATE, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, SALT, LACTIC ACID, SODIUM ALGINATE, MUSTARD FLOUR, WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE (VINEGAR, MOLASSES, CORN SYRUP, WATER, SALT, CARAMEL COLOR, GARLIC POWDER, SUGAR, SPICES, TAMARIND, NATURAL FLAVOR), SORBIC ACID AS A PRESERVATIVE, MILKFAT, CHEESE CULTURE, OLEORESIN PAPRIKA (COLOR), ANNATTO (COLOR), NATURAL FLAVOR, ENZYMES.
Size: 15 OZ
Upc: 2100062679
<H1>From the Kraft Canada site

CHEEZ WHIZ - CHEESE - ORIGINAL

Ingredients: MODIFIED MILK INGREDIENTS, CHEESE (MILK, MODIFIED MILK INGREDIENTS, BACTERIAL CULTURE, SALT, CALCIUM CHLORIDE, COLOUR, RENNET AND OR MICROBIAL ENZYMES), WATER, MALTODEXTRIN, SODIUM PHOSPHATES, SALT, SODIUM ALGINATE, GROUND MUSTARD, SPICE, COLOUR, SORBIC ACID, LACTIC ACID.

</H1>

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom