You Learn Something New Every Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to do that with a different computer. This one doesn't have a key pad - I keep forgetting -hitting "page up" and "page down" sit and stare at the screen while I wonder what the heck happened.

I also generally dis-able my touch-pad. On the occasions when I have to use it, of course I forget to dis-able again. Generally discover after I've typed a paragraph or two then look at screen to see it all gone a second later. :wacko::(

I learned all my kitchen hacks from the ATK book, Kitchen Hacks. Great reading with lots of useful info.

they're very nice, clever tricks but the problem is when an occasion arises to use any of these tricks you don't remember them....

you have that problem also? Don't fret. You are not alone in that department. ;)

laughs and giggles .jpg

agreed!!!

Looks nifty Kgril. Let us know how it goes. I'm mildly skeptical of the ice cubes coming out of the chocolate that easily.

The heat from the chocolate will begin to melt the ice so it should slide right out.

Last edited:
I found the website of this You Tube video:
So Yummy ~ https://soyummy.com/think-outside-b...olatier-hack-perfect-fillable-chocolate-cube/

They said:
"Simply dip the ice cube “popsicle” into melted dark chocolate, set onto a plate, and watch as the chocolate sets instantly onto the ice cube.
Once the chocolate is set, give the ice cube a minute or so to melt down just slightly, wiggle it out, and you’ll have a perfect little chocolate box
."

I think I'd put the Chocolate Cups down on a Silpat sheet or Parchment Paper,
a little bit more non-stick :chef:

Kgirl - I fell down the rabbit hole on those chocolate desserts!

where to start... where to start... where to start...:rolleyes:

Hard Boiled (Cooked) Eggs

For years now, I've been following Alton Brown's advice on how to Hard Boil an Egg by placing the Eggs into a pot of cold water on the stovetop, bring it to a bare simmer, covering and removing from the heat; leave them there for 15 minutes undisturbed …
… but I was still getting those un-appetizing green/grey/black rings around the yolk :blink:

It FINALLY hit me not long ago … I was leaving the Eggs in that hot water well past the 15 minutes :doh: until the water was cooled or I remembered go get them :LOL:

This last batch of Hard Boiled Eggs I put the timer on for 15 minutes, put them into an ice-bath and stashed them in the chill-box …

IMG_5352.jpg
Perfect!
No ugly rings and nice tender whites :chef:

Back
Top Bottom