zwieback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sabrine

Cook
I saw a zwieback cake recipe but I have no idea about what zwieback mean :(

I could'nt find a translation for this word.

Than you for helping :)

Zwieback is a popular german product, it is like crunchy toast slices like this
zwieback.jpg

You can enjoy them with your choice of toppings, sweet or savoury, or they are also popular for babies who are growing their teeth, to chew on.

a zweiback cake?

you could hurt someone with a zweiback cake. it would be like a giant hockey puck.

here in the u.s., zweiback are very hard little biscotti-like cookies. like urm said, they used to be given to babies to help with teething. unfortunately, many doctors warn against giving them to teething children nowadays as a large piece may break off and present a choking hazard to the baby.

It is used for the crust of cheesecake quite often, and makes a very good one. My Greek neighbor used to put sugar and lemon on it for my kids. They loved it.

buckytom said:
a zweiback cake?

you could hurt someone with a zweiback cake. it would be like a giant hockey puck.

Yeah... I thought the same thing, too, but maybe they crumble them down to something like breadcrumbs then form into something more like cake... just a guess though, but possible...

Thank you :)

It looks like bread toasted. Maybe I can replace by what we call here biscottes? Biscottes are like bread slices toasted .

Ok, thank you Urmaniac :)

Do you understand french ?

The recipe I've seen is using zwieback crumbled .

Now that I know what it is , I'm laughing trying to imagine a zwieback cake:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom