Arby's Cajun Fish Review....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of all the fast food joints serving a fish sandwich, McDonalds is the clear winner with me. It's simply made. All the other joint's fish sandwiches just don't make it with me. I've not tried Chick-fil-a's fish sandwich yet. Burger King and Jack in the Box and Carls Jr. fish sandwiches are kinda awful compared to McDonalds fish sandwich. I'm bummed that McDonalds stopped the Friday Fish Sandwhich discount at most locations near me.

Last edited:
Of all the fast food joints serving a fish sandwich, McDonalds is the clear winner with me. It's simply made. All the other joint's fish sandwiches just don't make it with me. I've not tried Chick-fil-a's fish sandwich yet. Burger King and Jack in the Box and Carls Jr. fish sandwiches are kinda awful compared to McDonalds fish sandwich. I'm bummed that McDonalds stopped the Friday Fish Sandwhich discount at most locations near me.

I've always loved the Filet O' Fish. Without cheese. I don't think cheese belongs on a fish sandwich. But that's just me.

During Lent, Wendy's has a Pacific Cod Filet sandwich that is quite tasty. Much better than MickyD's, IMO.

CD

During Lent, Wendy's has a Pacific Cod Filet sandwich that is quite tasty. Much better than MickyD's, IMO.

CD

I've had that one and it's pretty darn tasty.

I think the Filet O' Fish at McDonald's (which is something I haven't had in a couple of years now) is a 'childhood' taste for me. To this day, I also love their plain hamburgers.

Fast food is a rare treat, but, about once a year, I get the infamous "Big Mac Attack" and have to go get one.

I always ask what kind of fish are they serving and its origin. I am very suspicious of Tilapia. A lot of it comes from Vietnam, Cambodia and other Asian markets. I read an article many moons ago about the Asian fish industry. There were pictures of the harbors where Tilapia is maintained in nets. The harbor was covered in trash. Cambodia harbor was the worst. The article stated that the government had been trying to get the harbor cleaned up. To date (of the article) they were having very little success.

I always ask what kind of fish are they serving and its origin. I am very suspicious of Tilapia. A lot of it comes from Vietnam, Cambodia and other Asian markets. I read an article many moons ago about the Asian fish industry. There were pictures of the harbors where Tilapia is maintained in nets. The harbor was covered in trash. Cambodia harbor was the worst. The article stated that the government had been trying to get the harbor cleaned up. To date (of the article) they were having very little success.

We are lucky that fish and other seafood in a grocery store has to be labeled with it's country of origin. But, restaurants and fast food joints don't have to tell us where their fish comes from.

CD

Here’s a video I found on YouTube about Mickey D’s fillet o’ fish. It’s a bit long (about 10 minutes), but I found it interesting.

I like the fillet o’ fish the same way I like Arby’s beef and cheddar. Until I order one. Then I’m over it for about half a year. The tartar sauce is cloying, and the fish is never crunchy, probably because it’s been sitting under a heat lamp wrapped in paper.

That's outdated. Tilapia production has improved a lot since many moons ago. It's raised in more locations around the world now, and much of it is classified as a Best Choice by Seafood Watch. Using the effluent as agricultural fertilizer is an environmentally friendly way to manage this fishery.
Screenshot_20190103-134431.jpg

Last edited:
We are lucky that fish and other seafood in a grocery store has to be labeled with it's country of origin. But, restaurants and fast food joints don't have to tell us where their fish comes from.

CD
There is often detailed information on their websites, though.
Screenshot_20190103-135332.jpg

Back
Top Bottom