"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Food and Cooking Gear Reviews
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2021, 04:19 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Arby's Real Country Style Rib Sandwich review...

I went to a mall to have this item.

The sandwich alone here was 6.19 and the small meal with tax wound up just over 10 bucks.

Arby's is comparing this to the infamous Mcdonald's item big time which will be out nationwide next month

The sandwich includes Smoked Gouda cheese, Crispy Onion Strings, Smokey BBQ Sauce, and those Country Style Ribs.

I would say you get like 4 nice sized pieces of ribs here. They had a nice thickness to them.

The ribs were nice and tasty and all ingredients worked together nicely.

A big thumbs up from me.

Old 10-04-2021, 04:25 PM   #2
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I also had this today...I found it dry with no flavor to the pork, the mayo had better taste. I sure liked the pork belly sandwich 100 times more.
Old 10-05-2021, 04:11 PM   #3
Executive Chef

They have not had that pork Belly sandwich in years. My review was from 2016. I would like to see that one back.

I did not find the meat that dry at all.

I Say Arby's is trying to get the meat to stand out without overloading it with sauce.
Old 10-05-2021, 04:36 PM   #4
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Agreed, I think it's the franchise here that doesn't seem to care about their food and what they serve. Pretty cruddy service, too. I wish I could forget it, but I do love a french dip now and then.
Old 10-09-2021, 02:15 PM   #5
Sous Chef

Our Arby's is pretty good. I'll have to give this one a try.

The also seem to be one of the cheaper ones unless you just do the budget food at the other ones, even then it's a toss up.
Vinylhanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 07:57 PM   #6
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Agreed, I think it's the franchise here that doesn't seem to care about their food and what they serve. Pretty cruddy service, too. I wish I could forget it, but I do love a french dip now and then.
Almost every time I've ordered the French dip, they forget the Au Jus. P's me off. I either get home and don't have it or, if I check my bag before I leave the parking lot, I have to go back through to get it. My local Arby's seems to have a problem with that.
Linda0818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 08:51 PM   #7
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda0818 View Post
Almost every time I've ordered the French dip, they forget the Au Jus. P's me off. I either get home and don't have it or, if I check my bag before I leave the parking lot, I have to go back through to get it. My local Arby's seems to have a problem with that.
Happened to me, too. I went through the drive thru and running to get my food takes up my lunch half hour.
Old 10-30-2021, 09:29 PM   #8
Head Chef

Quote:
Happened to me, too. I went through the drive thru and running to get my food takes up my lunch half hour.
Well that stinks. I thought it was just my local Arby's. How do you forget a key component that comes with one of your sandwiches???

Just ridiculous. It blows me away how bad fast food service has become in the last year or so. Nobody listens or pays attention to what they're doing anymore.

I don't eat fast food very often, but I've noticed the service has gotten really bad. Not to mention the prices.
Old 10-30-2021, 09:38 PM   #9
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda0818 View Post
Well that stinks. I thought it was just my local Arby's. How do you forget a key component that comes with one of your sandwiches???

Just ridiculous. It blows me away how bad fast food service has become in the last year or so. Nobody listens or pays attention to what they're doing anymore.

I don't eat fast food very often, but I've noticed the service has gotten really bad. Not to mention the prices.
The only place around here that treats me right is Burger King. I am a regular for breakfast.
Old 10-30-2021, 09:43 PM   #10
Head Chef

Quote:
The only place around here that treats me right is Burger King. I am a regular for breakfast.
I've never had BK breakfast before. But then I never eat breakfast. However, I do like the occasional Whopper, except I just get the Whopper Jr. Haven't had one in a looooong time, though.

Tags
sandwich