Black Pepper Jack Doritos review....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
I bought a 99 cent bag of these at my local gas station to try out and I liked them very much.

Sure the size was the same as a regular doriotos chip, but I thought the taste of the them was really great.

I thought you could taste some pepper flavor in the chips.

Had a nice cruch to them as well.

Not hot at all.

I will give this chip a big gigantic thumbs up.

I'll have to give the Pepper Jack a try. Being from Vancouver, Doritos are a staple, and I have become somewhat of a potato chip connoisseur. Bold BBQ and Zesty Cheese are household favorites. Did you ever try the Guacamole flavour? I found the green appearence off-putting but tasted fairly decent.

I just saw these yesterday and almost bought a bag. I only had enough for the gas to put into my car though. I'll have to try them on payday. Thanks Kleenex.

Jeremy said:
I'll have to give the Pepper Jack a try. Being from Vancouver, Doritos are a staple, and I have become somewhat of a potato chip connoisseur. Bold BBQ and Zesty Cheese are household favorites. Did you ever try the Guacamole flavour? I found the green appearence off-putting but tasted fairly decent.

I do not think I have seen them in my area yet.

I would do a jig if they brought back the "original" TACO flavored Doritos!!!!! Those were my fav when I was kid.... I would bug mom for 79 cents (plus a few extra quarters) to go to the local store and get a bag of Taco Flavored Doritos!!!! And play a few games of Defender, Pac Man.... Dig Dug... you name it!!!

As for the Pepper Jack, I think they are ok, just kinda heavy handed on the seasoning. Strange that I say that because if it had been the taco flavored ones, as a kid I use to go through all the bags trying to find the one bag that had the most taco stuff on them!!!!!!

Sorry kleenex, did not mean to hijack your thread reminescing about the good 'ol days!!!

Last edited:
middie said:
sattie we have the taco ones here too lol.
doritos must be really popular in cleveland.

No way!!!! Really!!! I wonder why you can't find them anywhere it Texas?????? I am gonna have to write a letter or something... so middie, do they taste the same as they did 20 years ago????? Oh what I would do for a taco flavored chip!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom