Burger King BK Rib review

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
okay I tried the McDonald McRib competitor today for lunch.

It was like the first one the people in the back made though as they had to go to the instructions that even came in Spanish to build my sandwich.

I paid 3.59 just for the sandwich, but for the medium meal it was 6.09 for the privilege of this fast food meal. At least this item was more closer to retail value than the other BK item I reviewed.

At McDonalds though in my area I had prices of 4.30 and 5.15 for a medium meal for the McRib. 2.99 for just the sandwich alone.

The BK Rib sandwich was on a regular circular bun. The McRib is not.

The BK Rib had a lot less sauce than the Mcdonald's version.

The BK Rib though counters with more pickles, thicker pickles, but no onions.

I say you get around the same amount of meat in each sandwich.

The sauce on the BK Rib sandwich was really good.

I liked the overall taste of the pork, BUTT this sandwich needed more sauce and the onions.

The price for the sandwich was fair, but a problem with pricing occurs when you go for the meal compared to the McDonald prices.

In the end I will give this sandwich a big thumbs up and I will buy it again, but not like I do the McDonald's one. I say the McDonald one is the better sandwich.

okay I tried the McDonald McRib competitor today for lunch.

In the end I will give this sandwich a big thumbs mpup and I will buy it again, but not like I do the McDonald's one. I say the McDonald one is the better sandwich.

could you clarify this, kleenex? i think you mean you would buy the bk version again, but the mcrib is better?

what confuses me is the big thumbs up to what i think you are saying is an inferior sandwich.

btw, can you order the bk rib with onions and extra sauce if preferred?

i'm with you on the onion and sauce thing for many sandwiches.

Last edited:
could you clarify this, kleenex? i think you mean you would buy the bk version again, but the mcrib is better?

what confuses me is the big thumbs up to what i think you are saying is an inferior sandwich.

btw, can you order the bk rib with onions and extra sauce if preferred?

i'm with you on the onion and sauce thing for many sandwiches.

Although I gave this sandwich a big thumbs up and will buy it again the price is what is going to cause me to not get it as many times as I do the McRib.

I will not call the BK Rib sandwich inferior to the McRib, BUTTT that BK Rib sandwich is lacking the onions and does have less than than the McRib.

Next Time I will try to order it with onions. I say you can order it anyway you want, but for a proper review we have to review the sandwich in an as is state with no extras on it.

How many ingredients are there?
At face value, the sandwich contains just pork, onions, and pickle slices slathered in barbecue sauce and laid out on a bun. But the truth is, there are roughly 70 ingredients. The bun alone contains 34, says TIME's Melnick. In addition to chemicals like ammonium sulfate and polysorbate 80, the most egregious may be azodicarbonamide — "a flour-bleaching agent most commonly used in the manufactur[ing] of foamed plastics like gym mats and the soles of shoes." According to McDonald's own ingredient list, the bun also includes calcium sulfate and ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides, among other chemicals.

i tried the bk rib sandwich last night, and i have to say that it was better than i had expected. not half bad, as the saying goes.

it was on a round, brioche looking roll, not one of their burger rolls, and kleenex was right on a out the fairly thick pickles. mine had enough sauce, so i guess that just depends on who makes it.

after reading your review, k, i ordered mine with onion and got an extra bbq sauce on the side, of which i added some since i like saucy ribs.

i was pleasantly surprised when i took a bite and it actually tasted like pork. the texture was a little weird as it sort of resembled on of their burgers (a little stiff), but it wasn't that big of a deal. the roll was pretty good; better than a burger bun, and the sauce, pickles, and onions were ok as well.

i give this a medium thumbs up, and while i wouldn't go out of my way for one, i would buy it again if i'm in a hurry and felt like fast food such as i was last night.

Back
Top Bottom